Sinister: the power of love

Matthew Henderson lokar20 at xxx.com
Wed Nov 13 02:42:07 GMT 2002

It can strike you at the oddest times.  It hit me tonight, lying in my bed,
in the dark, trying to sleep.  It's been so long, I was wondering if it
would ever happen again.  Actually, that is a lie.  I wasn't thinking about
it.  It was completely unexpected.  Such a strange and powerful turn of
events.  I don't think anyone ever sees it coming.  Then, out of nowhere,
WHAM, like a ton of bricks.  Like a diamon bullet shot straight through my
forehead.  I felt it.  I really felt it.  I began to writhe about, twisting
and turn in my bed, underneath my duvet as I came to the slow realization of
what was happening.

Considering how random it was, I wonder how many people very actually have
that feeling.  It's still resonating as I type this.  It was so powerful, I
had to get up, climb down the ladder, get on the computer, and write to
sinister about it.  This is my first post in a while, but something this
important must be told.  It must be vented.  It must be shouted out for the
entire world (or the sinister world) to hear.  And it always comes from the
most unexpected places.

In this case, it was Radio Two.  Just after Driftwood.  It was Huey Lewis
and the News.  At that moment, I knew I was okay.  Living in Glasgow has
been interesting, but it never really settled with me until now.  Yes.  Oh
yes.

Now that's the power of love.  And it don't take money.  It don't take fame.
  You don't need no credit card to ride this train.

-Matt

P.S.  On a belle and sebastian note, those bastards have really been
cranking out those Q and A's.  Go them.  Now someone should urge stuart for
more treasure hunt clues.  Does anyone else think he has too much time on
his hands for a pop star?
P.P.S.  I'd like to welcome Elizabeth to the Sinister fold.  She sounds
deathly cute, doesn't she?  It's a shame she has a boyfriend, but if he's a
Clash fan, he's alright in my book.  Sounds like a damn cool guy.  I would
very much like to meet him.