Sinister: seeing other imaginary people

s. lord rabidpenguin at xxx.com
Thu Nov 14 04:58:47 GMT 2002

Today started off well - my first class went quickly and not much was
learned - after my first class I walk to the student union on the edge of
campus - every m/w/f I go and eat lunch with my friends seth and jules - we
sit around and just eat really bad over priced union food and talk about
everything that is going wrong in our lives - today though I just happened
to run into my imaginary boyfriend - saying he is an imaginary boyfriend
sounds weird - he is a real person - very much real - and he knows me - we
have talked before - we both used to work at the same store - but he just
doesn't know that I think he is completely the cutest person in the world
and that we are pretend dating - god now that I write this out it sounds
really sad - oh well I guess - so it is - anyways - he was sitting down
eating lunch when I saw him from the check out lane - I stared briefly for a
moment at him - oh so good looking - with that dark hair and those dark eyes
- but then the man at the check out got angry at me for taking so long and
yelled something at me which I guessed was some words meaning 'get a move
on' - so I dug into my pockets and started sorting through my change - I
have been a little short on money lately - so I had to dig through my car to
find some money this morning - luckily I found five dollars worth of change
under my seat - who knew there was so much money in my car - but anyway - so
I was paying with change and staring at my imaginary boyfriend for way too
long - people were getting angry - after I got done paying I walked over and
saw where my friend seth was going to sit - where we usually sit - in the
back atrium type area - it is normally a really good spot to sit - lots of
professors and grad students sit out there which is nice cause it makes us
feel a tad bit more sophisticated - sad - yes it is - but sometimes you just
have to - but I didn't want to go out there - I wanted to go over to the
imaginary boyfriend and ask him if I could sit with him - he was at a table
for two and I knew it was just fate that it turned out that way - he was
waiting for me - so he got a table for two -  we could share my french fries
and talk coyly over the trivial news in today's daily newspaper - share a
laugh and a dreamy glance - I could tell him about the book I am reading now
- this side of paradise - about how amory blaine goes through life looking
for love - he would then be interested and ask to read it when I am done -
(of course since he is my imaginary boyfriend he would be interested and not
just act interested just to please me) - which I would gladly give him to
read - oh how great it would be to talk to him about anything - just stare
at him as he talked about the useless crap he talks about -  oh it would be
so wonderful - but then my daydream was shattered by the harsh light of
reality that was suddenly thrust upon me - as I walked toward him he got up
and left - oh no imaginary boyfriend - do not go - what about lunch - what
happened to conversation we were to share - what happened to it all - and
that is when I knew I it was over - I had to break up with him - it was not
going to last anyway - we both had our separate worlds and our own friends -
so after a few minutes of standing there and thinking about the future I
will never have with the cutest boy in the world - I moved on to the table
in the atrium and sat with my friends - it was a sad day - but I know it is
better off this way - it is too much work to maintain an imaginary boyfriend
- always having to do everything for them - it was just time to end it - but
tomorrow is another day - who knows what may happen -

much love to you all
--scott
what we place most hopes upon
generally proves most fatal.