Sinister: advice on recording gigs please:)

Kin WOO daftpunk at xxx.au
Fri Nov 15 08:23:19 GMT 2002

hey again
sorry for 2 emails in rapid succession. but i've recently ended 6 years of
student poverty and having obtained a job for next year, plan to splurge
out on the one thing I've desired for so long...:some device to record
gigs with:)
No, i must reiterate- i have no intention of selling said bootlegs but
have been to so many gigs that were so brilliant that I wished I had
recorded to preserve it forever. so peeps, please help me out because I'm
a Luddite when it comes to these things. What would be the best device to
bring with me to record a gig??? I've heard Minidisc and DAT but know very
little about them so any info would be appreciated. what do you more
techno-knowledgeable of you recommend?What would give the clearest sound
reproduction? Which is easiest to use? What models do you recommend and
how much do they cost? Also is it possible to transfer it to CD? Any and
all info would be so much welcome. I repeat-not to sell but for pure and
simple musical nostalgia (and maybe to make copies for friends as
prezzies:))
Ok thanx in advance peeps (and please email me off-list) and hope to hear
from you soon
Later
Kin Woo

   "The trouble with the straight and the narrow
                  is it's so thin I keep sliding off to the side"
                                                        Jason Pierce