Sinister: psychoanalyze my narcissistic ass

rrrrobyn rfadden at xxx.com
Fri Nov 15 09:04:44 GMT 2002

oh
sinister,

thank fuck for all that.
and red shirts. and colanders. thank fuck
for fourteen hundred delete buttons
with separate interests,
with a love for unparagraphed prose
and a hate for it. thank fuck for poetry
and those bastards
who drown their sorrows in it
after late nights at the bar
or early mornings at the gym
or just because they'd rather not
do the grocery shopping,
buy more bread, buy more gin.

i was thanking fuck the other day
and jesus christ if it didn't thank me back.
fuck must be canadian, i thought:
its self-effacing ways
and that happy-go-lucky hairstyle.

but of course, i'm wrong,
again, and fuck isn't what it seems.
it lays down a blanket on the forest floor,
stretches out, eyes half-closed
like Barthes laying on the beach.
but fuck has brought sandwiches wrapped in wax paper
and tea out of an old blue thermos.
how can you go wrong with that?
mid-spring and all our life coming back
even as we lay down to count the clouds,
close our eyes, and pretend to nap.

i've had one of those days. and it should really be over by now, but
i've kept it going on. brain, stop, just bluddy stop (except maybe
keep going a little on this whole 'how to spell psychoanalyze' thing
b/c, well, you've got some kind of mental block there). ah, oh well,
pfft.
yours, always and etc.,
robyn

=====
I was reading the dictionary. I thought it was a poem about everything. ~Steven Wright
~~~
Robyn Fadden    rfadden at yahoo.com    Montreal, QC