Sinister: it's a big prick, actually

Mark Casarotto boyincorduroy at xxx.com
Mon Nov 18 16:24:55 GMT 2002

Inspiration-struck in a Sinister post! This doesn’t
happen very often these days, which is why people like
Lucy Alder and Peter Jones Miller need to keep posting
links back to the good old days. Basically, the term
“Chris Leonard” into the Sinister search engine will
always produce the required results. As will “Lucy
Alder”, for that matter. Peter Jones is taken as read.

It occurred to me as I was washing up that one of the
joys of sinister, and something that must take a lot
of credit for it reaching it’s second half of its
first decade, is how people actually feel able to be
NICE to one another. Yes, we can be cloyingly twee and
winsome at times (sometimes a bad thing, often not),
but on the plus side it means that we also can say “I
think you’re fab!” to people we may or may not have
met.

This is pretty good, I think, and I wish more people
in my life could get out of the macho, defensive,
hard-nosed boiler suit into which they’ve zipped
themselves shut. Or at least let others (fetishists,
presumably) in there with them.

I gave blood this morning, and was disgusted with
myself when the nurse told me it was my first time in
three years. Free packet o' crisps though! Furthering
the niceness tip, do many Sinisterines do this? They
really should, especially you O negative types out
there. Go on, it’s only a little prick (and how many
times have you heard that before? Oh, my sides).

It only remains for me to say that I seem to have
knots in my (head) hair. What the fuck?

Love and cholera,
Mark xxx