Sinister: right or wrong

Mr Nicholas Litzow s4011110 at xxx.au
Sat Nov 23 16:24:39 GMT 2002

i just don't know if i'm right or if i'm wrong, but as i sit here in
the early momements of morning, still half-drunk on cheap wine, head
spinning, i have an intense desire to know the answer to that question.

I leave for san francisco (for 3 months) in a week. I desperately want
to see all the beautiful people i know in my life before i leave.
Tonight I was invited to a housewarming party through some uni people,
who are all beautiful, but at the same time wanted to see my other
friends, in particular one girl, who i have just started seeing. I
organised to meet the latter later on in the evening. However, the uni
party dragged on, people came late, people changed plans and I had no
one there to go out with (to where i was to meet said very cute and
very special (VCAVS) girl). Furthermore, most other friends pulled
out. Was waiting for the movement out that i was promised but
stagnated and didn't organise much. Meanwhile VCAVS girl sends message
saying she is going home. I reply that I wish I could see her and get
a vitriolic message in response.

"No, I'm not going to pretend that I don't care about this stuff
anymore. No reply please."

At which point my world crumbles and uni party around me seems
insignificant and small and lifeless. Subsequent messages (in the hope
of getting voice, or better still, actual interpersonal contact)
proved fruitless and, seemingly, more abraisive to said VCAVS girl.

Oh sinister, i have noone to discuss this with so drunkenly i turn to
you. I am at fault partly, sure, but no deserving of this surely? I
have done this before, admittedly, but never thinking of consequence.
It can be so hard to balance, and I just end up hurting the wrong
people. I just don't know.. 'Never gonna fall in love again' as gary
lightfoot says.

Maybe music will soothe this feeling, this internal grinding and
clenching. I might as well try.