Sinister: pale immitations for paul

Jo tomas jo_is_18 at xxx.uk
Tue Oct 1 09:55:03 BST 2002

Paul Healey saw Tompaulin and thought they were a pale
immitation of you know who. Who would that be Paul ?
The Jesus and marychain ? I love belle and sebastian
but I really don't see the comparison. You see I also
love Tompaulin and I love The Butterflies. I think
that you were at a different concert.

"tompaulin tonight are noisier and more assertive than
we remember them.   From the Mary Chain bassline in
Carcrash to the drenching feedback at the end of Swing
Low Stuart, the band match sweet vocals with barbed
guitar noise and exchange confession for
confrontation."  sounds sxp

The Butterflies of Love were also magnificent. They
have also been tagged with the Belle And Sebastian
comparions, though not by you Paul! They are a noisy
feedback band. It made sense to see Tompaulin and The
Buterflies Of Love together. I wory that Belle and
Sebastian are becoming our Smiths.
By this I mean that new bands are stifled by imposible
comparisons they can't live up to and that there is no
room for any serious discussion on the merits of
recent work.

anyway

joxx

=====
small town night club over a pub/girls in make up thicken the blood