Sinister: Chelsea Hotel Oral Sex Song

Grainne Lynch g.lynch at xxx.com
Tue Oct 1 21:08:20 BST 2002

Yet another reason why Belle and Sebastian are my favourite band:

"I always liked bootlegs. If we do a live album maybe we can give it away for nothing." Stuart Murdoch.

Currently rocking my world;

1. Jeffery Lewis and The Last Time I Did Acid I Went Insane. He's a singer/songwriter from New York, and the songs are like weird little stories. I heard The Chelsea Hotel Oral Sex Song on the radio a little over a month ago and totally feel in love with it. The title song is cool too. I think the album is great, it's full of beautiful, slightly crazy songs about all sorts of weird stuff.

He did a few gigs in Ireland, at the beginning of August, before I'd even heard of him, and he was supported by The Chalets.

Which brings me neatly to the second world rocking thing.

I think the Them(e) from Chalets is just the most perfect pop song ever. It's a very funny song about boys not getting laid. So I think you should definitely download it from their website now. Unless you already did (and who would dare disobey the Dirty Vicar) in that case you should listen to it again and wallow in its wonderfulness. It says on their website that they are doing a gig at Strange Fruit at the Garage in London. Is that the same Strange Fruit that's mentioned here, or am I showing how completely clueless I am about the London club scene?

Third thing rocking my world:

Xfm - Sky Digital Channel 864. I really like this radio station. I think it's because it's so completely shambolic. It makes me giggle and the music's not bad either. I want to work there because it sounds like fun.

Fourth world rocking thing:

Television Without Pity is bitchy and fun. It deserves to be worshiped. Though it was the bearer of bad news because it was there that I learnt that both Grosse Point and Popular were cancelled after their second series. And that really sucks. I loved those shows. They were really funny and kinda crazy.

Fifth thing rocking my world:

Sinister!! Because when does it not?

It's pretty obvious that I'm unemployed at the moment, isn't it.
Gráinne.