Sinister: Happy Birthday Ll

Madeleine McNeil mmcneil79 at xxx.com
Wed Oct 2 10:47:09 BST 2002

Today is Llaura Llew's birthday and it is raining. And I haven't yet sent
her a gift. Which, I suppose means I am not really her BEST FRIEND as
someone once claimed, shortly before I threw him off Brighton pier.

Today is also a day I will go to work at the bookshop to battle my nemesis,
my arch enemy that is my fat arsed colleague. I can't decide the tactic I
should use: rude; off-hand; or so nice she wishes I would just go away and
leave her alone (which I would happily do). Either way, I will beat her! I
will overcome!

I have become an old lady who goes for long country walks on Sunday
afternoons with sandwiches and a thermos of (decaf) coffee. And I heartily
recommend it to everyone. Especially if you go home to play scrabble, then
drift off into a little nap. I know that, as a young lady, I should be out
causing trouble, drinking absinthe and indulging in casual sex, but it all
just seems so.... troublesome. I'll leave others to do that instead.

In fact, you can all do it on Saturday night at Tigermilking. Oh, on a
tangent, has someone mentioned Tiger Milk wine on the list before? I saw
some in the corner shop. It's "sweet wine", and at £5.99 for a litre, I
hesitated. I don't think it would rock my world really. Just my guts, I
think.

I'll be Tigermilking, but shan't be picnicing, as I will be in combat at the
bookshop until 5 o'clock. Then, and here is a measure of my dedication to
Mark Cassarole and my dancing feet, I shall jump straight on a train and
come down to London. I hope to find y'all in a pub with a gin and tonic
waiting for me.

I never reported back from Red Knicker day. It was great, we were great, our
underwear was great. Oh, and it's all true what they say about Mandee May.
Except for one thing: we are NOT the same person. Neck scarves never look
that good on me.

Love
Madeleine