Sinister: Songs for idiots (round 6)

Kenneth P Y Chu pykachu100 at xxx.com
Wed Oct 2 22:28:42 BST 2002

(Previously, on Belle and Sebastian on the Weakest link...)

<Anne> Time's up, it's time to reveal who YOU think is the WEAKEST LINK!

<Orchestra> DUM DUM DUM DUM... DUM DUM

<Stuart> Isobel
<Stevie> Richard
<Richard> Stevie
<Bob> Stevie
<Isobel> Stevie

<Orchestra> DUM!

<Anne> Stuart, why Isobel?
<Stuart> When I see her out, maybe crossing on the Street - she always
crosses the road!
<Anne> oh right.. Isobel, so you're rubbish at navigation as well as general
knowledge!
<Isobel> Yes Anne.
<Anne> Why Stevie?
<Isobel> To be honest Anne I didn't care too much who I voted for just
then.. was I wicked?
<Anne> No, just stupid.
<Isobel> ...
<Anne> Richard!
<Richard> Yes Anne.
<Anne> Why Stevie?
<Richard> Well Anne I'm a big fan of the Mavericks, and I think ripping off
one of their songs and pretend that it was his own was just not fair.
<Anne> mm, well Stevie, statistically Stuart was the weakest link in that
round but it seems that they Just Wanted To Vote The Dunce Away!  And with
three votes you ARE the weakest link GOODBYE!

* Stevie does the walk of shame, wandering down the aisle alone.

(..Inside interview room)
<Stevie> I kept thinking that I knew the answer, somewhere in the back of my
mind, but when i found it, it was the wrong reply the wrong kind the wrong
way of retorting, wrong time to talk through my behind, wrong brain to have
in my mind!

(..Back to studio)
<Anne> Round six, we're down to 4 and so far you have banked £270 in the
kitty out of the possible £5000, we're taking 10 more seconds off the clock
and we'll start with the strongest link from the last round, and that's Bob.
  Let's PLAY.. THEWEAKESTLINK!

<Orchestra> DUM DUM DUM DUM...

<Anne> Start the clock

<Orchestra> DUM DUM!

<Anne> Bob, the ill-fated ship Titanic which sank in year 1912, was built in
which city?
<Bob> Belfast!
<Anne> Correct!  Isobel, in printing, the term Footer refers to textual
information, such as a title, date, or page number that is positioned which
margin of a page?  Top or Bottom?
<Isobel> Bottom!
<Anne> Correct!  Stuart, what are the answers to the clues to the treasure
hunt?
<Stuart> Not telling ya.
<Anne> No that isn't the correct answer.  Richard, in the popular BBC soap
Eastenders, which character is played by the actress Jessie Wallace?
<Richard> Cat!
<Anne> That is the correct answer, Bob, the members of the band Snow Petrol
were originally born in which city?
<Bob> Belfast!
<Anne> Correct!  Isobel, idioms, something that is of the lowest standard in
a group can be described as being at the what of the pile?
<Isobel> Bottom!
<Anne> Correct!  Stuart!
<Stuart> Bank!
<Anne> What are the answers to the clues to the treasure hunt?
<Stuart> Not telling ya.
<Anne> No, that isn't the correct answer.

<Orchestra> DUM... DUM... DUM DUM!

<Anne> The time is up, and in that round you have banked £100, who's
lightsabre ran out of battery?  Who's derailed their train of thoughts?
It's time to VOTE OFF, the WEAKEST LINK!

<Jon Briggs> Bob was once again the Strongest Link having banked the most
money overall, and Stuart was the weakest link for the second time, will he
survive this round of votes?

<Anne> Voting over, it's time to reveal who YOU think is the WEAKEST LINK!

<Orchestra> DUM DUM DUM DUM... DUM DUM

---
(..to be continued)

Ken