Sinister: Guess Who?

terry underwear terryunderwear at xxx.com
Thu Oct 3 04:36:54 BST 2002

hello,

Guess What?
i was just having a look at the results of amy and caitlin's sinister questionnaire, and was aghast by the fact that no-one has nominated Guess Who? as their favourite board game.  I'm sure you too are in a state of shock and denial, so click here to see it with your own eyes: http://www.joannou.net/topofthestairs/txt/siniq.html
now don't get me wrong, i like scrabble as much as the next person.  and monopoly, trivial pursuit and cluedo are all great too.  but Guess Who? is better.

Guess Why?
i was once like you, preferring to play scrabble and monopoly and leaving Guess Who? to gather dust in the cupboard.  but then my little brother and I discovered a whole new way of playing Guess Who?

Guess When?
the year was 1998.  i was visiting my family in the south west of WA.  it was summer and it was hot.  my little brother and i were bored.  we decided to play a board game.  but what to play??  monopoly and scrabble were both ruled out cause i could beat the pants off him (he was 12, i was 20).  battleship?  i hate that game (except the noises you get to make when someone hits your ships!).  Guess Who?  why not!  so we played.  it was okay.  not all that exciting though.  the questions become boring after a while - "Are you female?", "do you have brown hair?".  but then it dawned on us - this could be a whole lot more fun.

Guess How?
every time you asked a question that was answered with a no, you had to take a piece of clothing off!  (hang on, that wasn't with my brother!  sorry).

we decided to rule out objective questions.  none of this "are you wearing a hat?" bollocks.  we began to ask questions like:
"do you prefer chocolate ice cream to vanilla ice cream?"
"do you prefer cats to dogs?"
"have you been married more than once?"
"are you gay?"
"have you ever been convicted of wilful exposure?"
"would you kill in the name of love?"
"did you vote for john howard in the last election?"
"would Matt (our older brother) sleep with you?"
"would you sleep with Maria (the sexy Guess Who? lady who has the green beret type thing on - she is so pretty and intelligent.  is it wrong to have a crush on a Guess Who? character?)?"
"could you drink 15 beers, spin around 10 times, stand on one leg and sing the national anthem?" (i wouldn't recommend asking this question as you always get a no.  unless the other person has picked maria - <insert dreamy voice here> she can do anything.)
"could you make a space rocket out of two aluminium cans, a match and an old washing machine?" (**see above parenthesis**)

other questions could be:
"do you support america attacking iraq?"
"could you name the members of belle and sebastian?"
"do you like isobel?"
"do you agree with Australia's stance on illegal refugees?"
"should belle and sebastian tour Australia very soon?"
"are you happy in life?"
"are you a lawyer?"

you get the picture.  it is great fun and very humourous.  of course, because of the subjectiveness it is not very often that either of us actually win.  but we don't seem to mind.

so, to sum up, someone is a big fan of Guess Who?

Guess Who?
terry