Sinister: Songs for idiots (round 7)

Kenneth P Y Chu pykachu100 at xxx.com
Tue Oct 8 14:46:58 BST 2002

(Previously, on Belle and Sebastian on the Weakest link...)

<Anne> Voting over, it's time to reveal who YOU think is the WEAKEST LINK!

<Orchestra> DUM DUM DUM DUM... DUM DUM

<Stuart> Isobel
<Richard> Stuart
<Bob> Richard
<Isobel> Richard

<Orchestra> DUM!

<Anne> Stuart, let me guess, you need someone to take some joy in something
you do?
<Stuart> Aye, and she needs a man who's either rich or losing a screw!
<Anne> Isobel!
<Isobel> Yes anne.
<Anne> Why Richard?
<Isobel> Well I think someone here's already lost a screw, so I don't really
need Rich anymore.
<Anne> Okay Richard, they don't need you anymore, and with two votes you ARE
the weakest link GOODBYE!

* Richard does the catwalk of shame

(..Inside interview room)
<Richard> I'm a wee bit pissed off about being voted out when I'm so close
to winning the money, to change my mood a little I'm going to be posing down
the pub, I'll be seeing my reflection and I'll be looking slightly rough,
and by the time I'm sober I'll have forgotten what I've had, and
everybody'll tell me that it's cool to be a cat oh yeah cooool for
cattss....

(..Back to studio)
<Anne> And on to round seven, you have now got £350 in your kitty out of the
possible £6000, we're down to 3 and we're going to take 10 more seconds off
the clock we'll start with the strongest link from the last round, and
that's Bob.  Let's PLAY.. the WEAKESTLINK!

<Orchestra> DUM DUM DUM DUM...

<Anne> Start the clock

<Orchestra> DUM DUM!

<Anne> Bob, Michael D Hurley is the mayor of which city in Maine, USA?
<Bob> Belfast!
<Anne> Correct!  Isobel, Richard Richard and Edward Hitler were two
characters in a Comedy Show called what?
<Isobel> Er.. um.. The Twee Rabbit Fun Show!
<Anne> No the correct answer is Bottom.  Bob, famous photographer Bob
Webzell has a photo entitled the what bike?
<Bob> Belfast!
<Anne> Correct!  Isobel, according to one of the slogans of the hit TV
series X-files, the Truth is where?
<Isobel> I know!  The truth awaits me, but still I hesisitate because of
fear!
<Anne> No, the Answer is The Truth is Out There.  Stuart, in business, the
term used to describe procedures within a firm that enforced the
non-disclosure of information between departments in a firm, typically to
prevent illegal use of insider information is what?
<Stuart> Not telling ya.
<Anne> No, the answer is Chinese Wall.  Bob..

<Orchestra> DUM... DUM... DUM DUM!

<Anne> The time is up, and after voting off six SUPPOSEDLY weaker links, you
have managed to bank absolutely nothing.  In the next round whatever money
you bank will be trebbled and added to your total, so there's potentially
£3000 up for grabs.  Who's going to help you bank this money, who's going to
leave with nothing?  Have the COURAGE to VOTE OFF, the WEAKEST LINK!

<Jon Briggs> Bob was once again the strongest link, Isobel was the weakest
link, but in this critical stage of the game who is going to get the votes?

<Anne> Voting over, it's time to reveal who YOU think is the WEAKEST LINK!

<Orchestra> DUM DUM DUM DUM... DUM DUM

---
(..to be continued)

Ken