Sinister: we don't want to hurt you , we just want to be your friends

Jonathan Skinner staralful at xxx.com
Tue Oct 15 18:01:13 BST 2002

Dear Belle
Well i suppose this probably the hardest letter to write and i should be
doing it face to face. I have fallen out of love with you but please don't
blame yourself-it is me with the problem. 5 years is a long time to be
blindly besotted with someone but i woke up a few days ago and realised i
loved you just wasn't in love with you. it is time for us to move on with
our lives but do you mind if i continue to see your friends? i actully like
them now more than i like you

yours etc

hello all i hope this finds you all in fine fettle. I for one certainly am .
Just an overwhelming feeling of good- maybe karma is coming back to me after
biting me in the arse so many times. Life is sweet and i am happy- does it
get any better. I don't think so.
Jazz festival is upon us once again and i encourage all humans out there to
come down to cork for the festival which is number 5 about good things abut
Cork ( glance further down for the other 6 or seven)

Reasons for living in Cork

*the educated drunks-  Driving by on a bank holiday past the hording around
the courthouse where the drunks hang out they were putting math equations on
the white boards. Went home and checked them and by god they were right. Now
i never go past without my camera in the vague hope of catching them in the
act

*the mad old lady- who when ever there is anything big on in the street say
a concert or festival of sorts yells at everyone "get the fuck out of my
street"

*tobacco Joe- an ould fella who walks in to every pub in town selling
various brands of roll your own including i'm sure some less than legal roll
your own

*issac bells- only the best pub in the world selling hundreds of beers
including a giraffe ( 5 pints of beer for ?15) Old man sitting on crates
kind of place generally witha band on in the corner and numerous hipsters
frequenting many of whom you get on nodding terms with

*the jazz festival- legalised debauchary every october weekend where the
entire young population of cork decides they actully do like jazz (What
about us that really do) and manage to stay out on 3 all nighters which is
aided by--

*the beer festival- run on the same weekend at all the brewry pubs with
cheap beer and an abundence of it

*the film festival- where all the young population decide they actully do
like films ( what about us that really do) a week long classy festival with
premieres and stuff that can be entertaining

*the fringe- ok so it is nothing on edinburghs or dublins even but this year
we have lego men doing MACBETH which should be quite interesting and a play
called *pain* which is perfomed entirely on broken glass

Wow when you break it down Cork really isn't that shitty a place to live
Nothing much really happening around here at the moment just been getting
more and more interested in a varied amount of music Rather enjoying the
libertines at the moment and interpol and saloon and niceman and numerous
others including many australian bands as well  and other stuff that i am
getting into- i belive i have got to open myself to more and more music and
more and more obscure bands just for my own sake - i suppose when you have
loved a band for so long they eventully disappoint you but that doesn't
erase the good times i suppose.

Any way i must dash

love lollipops and plague and pestilence to all and sundry

jonathan