Sinister: I Should Be Dreaming

patrick doyle municipalpool at xxx.com
Fri Oct 18 04:08:30 BST 2002

Hello there

It's 3am and I'm *ever so slightly* bored so, yes, I thought I would write
another one of my pointless, boring posts about nothing (one might say an
'endless sleepy story about nothing'... or... not) hmm, I've never been the
best sleeper in the world, probably due to the amounts of coffee I drink
during the day, and sitting filling out university applications all day has
kind of left me without will to live, let alone sleep. I have a habit of
taking walks around this time of morning, which the police really don't
like, for reasons unknown to me, but it's a horrible morning and it's been
raining for about three days solid – so I'm not in the best of moods. I
started a two-week break from school on Friday, and so far I’ve done little
else but look through prospectuses and sit on my computer all day, but
still, as long as I don't have to go *there* for two whole weeks, I'm not
complaining. Feels stupid really, trying to find 6 universities to put down
when I know exactly where I want to go, but it has to be done I suppose.
I've been taking quite a lot of photos lately, trying to build up a half
decent portfolio, in case I happen to get any offers from anywhere (please
cross your fingers for me... please... no?   ok) then hopefully I'll get out
of this place.

In the last couple of months, I've met quite a few people from sinister,
which has been, in most cases, a lot of fun. I went along to national pop
league in September, which was fantastic, and I have to thank Nal for
letting me tag along with her (thank you), I met a lot of people who I've
only ever read posts by, and/or spoken to in #sinister which was great, and
quite a new thing for me. I also went to last month's n.p.l – where I met
even *more* people, and had an excellent time... and there’s another one
next week! yay! I might sound awfully excited about this, but hey – you
would too if you came from Keith ;)

hmm, and to think this took me a whole fifty minutes to write...

cheerio

Patrick x

P.S. I also have to thank Mr Michael Grant (one of the most fantastic people
I have ever met) for giving me a place to stay in Glasgow last month –
cheers!