Sinister: only slightly, only slightly less than i used to

Christopher Devaney cjdevaney at xxx.uk
Tue Oct 22 09:27:05 BST 2002

The latest reindeer section album is beautifully
exquisite in every way.
I hate drugs.  I don't particularly mean cannabis and
ecstasy and all that sort of stuff; I don't like it
very much buit if you want to then it's your life.
It's prescription drugs that have fucked me off.  If
somebody's hyper all the time, generally full of
beans, but goes a little bit over the top and gets
diagnosed as being hypermanic what is the point in
giving them depresseants until they have to be signed
off work for depression and start taking anti
depressants?  Where's the point in that, it's just
fucking stupid any fool can see that (i did after
all).  This whole issue has been the scourge of my
life recently, i feel like it's the one area where i
don't feel in control of events.  Not that i'm a
control freak at all, but someone needs to be in
control of everything, if noone's at the helm you'll
crash into something eventually.
Anyway, in other bad news, I missed the polyphonic
spree on saturday night at the leadmill, gutted.  And
i've had to pay about £25 for a counting crows ticket
just so that i can see gemma hayes cos I can't make
her headline tour.  And why don't any decent bands
come to hull.  Anyway, enough grumblings of a musical
and medical nature.  Toodle-oo.cDx