Sinister: oh yeah, things are bad all over

kevin m. clair clairk at xxx.edu
Sat Oct 26 08:38:50 BST 2002

Hello sinisters.

It's fall again, which means it tries and fails to snow every now and then
and it's cold and cloudy and the leaves are falling from the trees and
everything looks generally miserable.  I haven't really done any exploring
of the rest of the vicinity but my town certainly is looking like it's
ready for our six-month winter.  I used to love fall but now I'm not so
sure; after the leaves are gone it seems like it's just wasting valuable
transition time between summer and winter.

But it was nice out tonight when I went out walking, except that there were
parties all over the place and many of the freshmen had been well-plied
with liquor and were stumbling about shouting things.  And the hallway
downstairs smelled bad.  Eventually I grew tired of all that nonsense and
now I've been holed up in my room listening to the White Stripes all night,
which was okay.  I kinda wish more people were around, though.  I've had to
resort to reading other people's blogs and posting rubbish to mine.  bah.

This weekend I kinda feel like going to Minneapolis and buying Pocky, since
I haven't had any in a long time.  If I had my own car that would be easy,
but I'd always be poor because I'd be driving up there all the time to get
more of it.  I should buy it online or something, but then I'd lose a
reason to go to Minneapolis.  I guess I could always go and buy records,
and there's that Dismemberment Plan show next month I'll screw my finals
for.  excitement.

I wish it would hurry up and snow down here already.  I'm getting
impatient.  We had one decent flurry where snowballs were a possibility but
I had to write a paper that night.

I think I'll go to the curry place this weekend.

That's all I have to say.  Today's lesson is that October in Minnesota is
lame, and it should hurry up and be November so that I can turn twenty.

Perhaps I'll read about the Boer War a little and then go to bed.
Sometimes that's what needs to be done.

--kevin