Sinister: winter's reign

Dirty Vicar dirtyvicar at xxx.net
Tue Oct 29 21:12:27 GMT 2002

Winter - there are lots of great things about it, like getting to wrap up in
my PLO scarf, simultanaeously keeping warm and showing my solidarity with
The Struggle. Other great things are the way I get to walk around in my long
coat, indulging my Joy Division fantasies. And it's very important to eat
lots of food in the winter, something I always like having an excuse to do.

Certain aspects of the winter are less excellent. Like the way it pissed
rain all day today, and because of my rub shoes my little feet got all wet.
Hopefully my new shoes will solve this annoying problem. I also don't like
the way it's dark before I leave work every evening. This is distinctly not
good. Perhaps I shall move to a country further south where there is less of
an imbalance between day lengths at different times of the year.

I wonder will The Great Band Of Our Times decide to tour this winter? Last
time they played up in that Belfast and I went up to it and met loads of the
Irish Sinister posse. Great days, but will they be repeated?

Musically, it's all been a bit action packed lately. Popular American band
Fugazi played here on Friday, and I went to see them in the interests of
science. They were a lot less humourless than I thought they'd be, and the
one who looked a bit like the Pinefox jumped around like a little muppet.
But while thinking they were a pretty good band they haven't become my new
favourites or anything, and I don't really get why so many of the people
there think they're the best band in the world.

The next day I met a Sinister subber called Robin who was over to see
Fugazi. Small world, eh?

Meanwhile, I was taken to task for suggesting that The Other Place was doing
something cooler than us by having a big meetup in Manchester. All I really
meant was that no one had organised a monster get together of all the
Sini-subbers of these islands in the time I've been subbed to this list. But
I've learned my lesson, and I will not mention the Realm Of Darkness by name
again.

and now I must go.

DV