Sinister: Solidarity, or the lack thereof

Jay Eckard jayeckard at xxx.com
Wed Oct 30 05:43:16 GMT 2002

Hello there, Sinister folk...

  I had planned to being writing right now of the utterly fantastic time I
had tonight, seeing Trembling Blue Stars and Aberdeen. It was going to be
even better because I was to be there with Aruni, mother of the Great North
American Tape Tree.
  Alas, that's not what will follow.
  On my way there, I ran out of gas. A nice police officer gave me a lift to
the nearest Waffle House (O glorious rapture, that) to make a phone call.
When that didn't work, I decided to dash to the venue, so that I could at
least glimpse TBS and gaze on Aruni. So, like Flock of Seagulls, I ran.
  Turns out it was farther away than I anticipated. By a lot. I was too late
by the time I got there.
  So I never even saw my friend. I sat down and grieved that I didn't have a
cigarette.
  But I eventually got back to my car, got gas and even a jump as the
battery in my car had died (Thanks to my friends at WXDU: the jump, not the
death. They're non-violent folk.).
Did I mention it was pissing down the rain?

  You see, my lack of Solidarity was not seeing Aruni.

  My Solidarity with you folks is the rain.
  Many people talk about the start of Winter. It's not yet cold here, so I
can't say it's Winter properly, but it has started to rain again. All the
time. Which is good, as this whole summer was a terrible drought. There's
even talk of lifting the water rationing and restrictions we've had.
  But soon enough, it will turn cold and scarves and coats will be broken
out. Which means: yay! If you all lived closer, I'd ask you round for hot,
spiced wine. I make it on the first really cold night of the year. So, you
know, let me know if you want to drop by.
  The color of the leaves is quite nice though. Ms Llew must be very lucky
living in the mountians where she can see the display.
  So there you go: Solidarity and the lack thereof.

Enjoy a cat-nap,
l'Autre Jay

--
"The Posby falls into a Trance