Sinister: I've got the cap. You bring your sisters

robin stout stoutrobin at xxx.com
Wed Oct 30 13:03:37 GMT 2002

http://www.banchory.net/belleandsebastian/qanda.html

Religion, politics, the whole gamut. The latest Questions and Answers cover
it all. I think it’s impressive how much effort they’re putting into this.
Good for you, Belle and Sebastian!

Some choice lines:

“My friend says riding a pushbike will keep my arse looking tight right into
my thirties.”

“Have you ever answer to the Marcel Proust questionary ? I don't know if
it's the right word (questionary)”

“he seems a little creepy if not dodgy”

and

“I've got the cap. You bring your sisters”

I could just imagine three identical sisters running out of their three
identical houses on the same Californian suburban street, and looking at
each other, with their pink slippers still on their feet, their rollers
still in their hair, and the same astonished look on their faces:

“Stuart!” says the first sister.

“Murdoch!” says the second.

“He’s coming!” says the third.

“I’ll get the lube!” says the first.

I could say a lot more, but the meter’s running. I’ll leave it to you to
discuss Stuart’s views on religion and politics and the rest. I like the
idea that he could only write songs when he had become calm enough to listen
for them. That really appeals to me. Also, I think it’s funny how Stuart
calls Iraqis “Iraquis”, like he thinks they’re Injuns or somethink.

Anyway, I’m off

Robinx