Sinister: Llewd & Lascivious Linking

Laura Llew lleweth at xxx.com
Wed Oct 30 22:46:12 GMT 2002

"Elations when the forest blooms; gusty
Emotions on wet roads on autumn nights;
All pleasures and all pains, remembering" -- Wallace Stevens

Jay jaunted off with a, "The color of the leaves is quite nice though. Ms
Llew must be very lucky living in the mountians where she can see the
display"  and he was correct indeed. Each morning I've been absolutely
falling in love as I zip around the curvy mountain road I take to work where
the trees are all afire and abloom in color. The other day I felt as if I
was in a car commercial as I came around a curve to see leaves being whirled
around a small car with all the occupants hands out the window trying to
catch a stray or two in their hands. If I were to start listening to "Autumn
Sweater" on repeat again I'd be in trouble indeed. Until mid-november I have
quite a large farm house nestled in the mountains of north carolina all to
my lonesome. If anyone is around the Asheville area, drop me a line and
maybe I can start a hostile hostel. I wouldn't mind someone to sit out on
the front porch and drink hot chocolate with.

I want to talk about HALLOWEEN COSTUMES for this holiday has been almost
completely skipped over in list discussion this year! Tragedy! Plus, it's a
tradition that I post about what I'm going as. Let's see back in 2000 I was
reincarnated as Brier Random
(http://www.missprint.org/sinister/people/Brier.html). Then in 2001, I
spoke in nothing but jaunty couplets ("all the lads I've met in cupid's
deadlock have been - shall we say? - born our of wedlock") as Isadora
Quagmire (http://www.lemonysnicket.com/tc_isadora.html) and this year it has
been a tight contest between going as Amelie dressed up as Zorro
(http://www.joannou.net/petullant//amelie33-thumb.jpg) or going as Jayward
(http://www.missprint.org/sinister/people/Jay.html)  Plus, I have the
added trauma of trying to help Flannery decide whether to go as a cat or a
powerpuff girl.

My favorite new idea of the season: Dress up in blue with clouds pinned on
you. When people ask if you're the sky say, "No! I'm cloudy with a chance of
showers" as you whip out your hidden water bottles and squirt them.

Recently, people have been discussing different cycles on the list of busy
and quiet times - ebbs and flows. Remember earlier this month when Maddie
was wishing me a happy birthday and talking about buying me presents? - a
peak indeed. Or Prissy Chrissy's post about Stuart as a pirate
(http://www.missprint.org/sinister/mhonarc/200107/msg00012.html) - a
zenith. Or Miss Maddie Minx's marvelous meanderings about trying to
reconcile actually not still being 16 even though you feel like it
(http://www.missprint.org/sinister/mhonarc/200203/msg00089.html) or Jay
Eckard's eager echoes of southern writers and the south in general
(http://www.missprint.org/sinister/mhonarc/200206/msg00112.html) or
Mandee May's conversation with Kokopelli which went like:

Mandee: Kokopelli, what are you all about?
Kokopelli: The ladies.
Mandee: But I thought you were a mystical figure who ran amok with his pan
flute?
Kokopelli: Exactly. You don't really think that's a pan flute, do you?
Me: Would you be in my band?
Kokopelli: Okay.

Yes, all climaxes of the list indeed. Sometimes I think about how so many of
my favorite people I know because of this list and I don't know whether to
thank Honey, or the band, or the fact I went to a strictly religious school
where I felt alienated from others who liked the same music or literature I
did so I went to a mailing list in order to find someone to relate to in
those areas but I do know I'm grateful for the list indeed. I apologize for
my sentimentality and promise that next time I shall return to insulting all
of you bastards once more.

yours,
Laura