Sinister: Trick or Treat?

~ boywiththearabstrap boywiththearabstrap at xxx.com
Thu Oct 31 18:27:03 GMT 2002

Hello,

I find myself in a sombre mood, lacking in the enthusiasm to inspire me to
go out and do anything at all. Its Halloween, and as I sit here watching a
steady progression of costumed children walking up and down the street, I
wonder where my youth went-"It was here a minute ago, where the fuck is it?"

Halloween wasnt a particularly fun filled time when I was young. I live in a
rural-ish area in Scotland,and when I was young, some headcase tried to to
poison some kids in Halloween (honestly!), and the shine was kind of taken
away from an evenings guising(?).
I dont really know that I missed too much, I hate tangerines, nuts,
chocolate and the like, and the thought of performing for them doesnt really
appeal.However, if the reward were greater, something like, "Excuse me,
instead of a mars bar and 20p,I wonder if you could burn me off your
favourite album instead?" would be a change and an excellent way of getting
a larger music collection, I suppose, but a bit of a break in tradition,I'm
sure you'll agree.

What does trick or treat mean? If you ask for a trick, you've still got to
give them something havent you? So whats the point? Make sure you ask for a
trick in that case.
There are a lot of suspiciously old "children" on the prowl round our way.
Some young ned down the road was here earlier on. A wee shit. The type you
really wouldnt want to bump into on a dark night on the way home.Anyhoo,
this ones got the cheek to arrive at the door, in a shellsuit, cap and dirty
face. Says he's out as a rugby player. He tells some shit limerick about
Ulrika Johnson and opens up this half filled polythene bag.I think half the
neighborhood has given him something out of fear.
I've begrudgingly given him a pound, and watched him move on to my
suspecting neighbours. He'll probably jump their son over the next 2 weeks,
and they've no idea.
I wish you could say no to them......or is it acceptable to do that anyway?
Have times changed that much? Do people send halloween people packing
without so much as a sniff of a monkey nut?

I soemtimes wish I had the strength to be this type of person. Bold,
brass-necked, and with no fear of being unpopular.(Does this mean I'm the
opposite?). I dont know that writing this nonsense will do that for me
though.

For those of you who have stayed this long,

Have a happy Halloween.

bm