Sinister: Do I love girls?

mummy i've grazed my knee clj106 at xxx.uk
Sun Sep 1 14:50:08 BST 2002

I felt tearful today - I was looking at beauty and I wanted to cry. The
beauty was sinister and everything it stands for. I have neglected it for
far too long.

SHENANIGANS

On Friday, I went to Feather Boa's birthday party. She was old, but I was
older. It was in a very swanky gentleman's club (or that's what it looked
like) and I wanted a pipe. Lots of people were in attendance, including some
or more from this parish. Everyone seemed to be up to shenanigans and I felt
old, but also like the geeky kid at the school disco who'd come along
because his mum said it would do him good. Something strange happened to me
at the party - nobody saw it, but now my head is confused - it made me think
lots and lots about what I am. I think it will go away.
When I felt a little more youthful I danced lots and lots. I showed Mr
Walton how you can dance to 'Waking Up To Us' - It was a wonderful time and
made up for missing the 5th birthday picnic.

HIDDEN COMMUNIST PROPAGANDA / BELLE AND THE BOY SEBASTIAN

I shouted at Mr Walton. He told me that Storytelling was the best album.
"Pish" said I, "it's not even an album - it's a soundtrack". We argued about
it lots. He said it had 'recurring themes' which made it a coherent musical
experience. I think he was confusing recurring themes with repetition. It
has constraints which as the listener we cannot appreciate. A film
soundtrack has to be written within the bounds of the story and atmosphere,
providing a sort of artificially forced coherence which cannot be applied to
a regular album. Anyhow, everyone knows 'Sinister' is the best album!

I wonder when that video will come out? A good while back, everybody was
talking about making video's, and then Mr Neil told us that they were going
to release a video of videos, which excited me. And on the band site there
used to be (it might still be there) something which said they were going to
release sheet music of all the songs that weren't in the FISHYCLAPS book.
Hmmm, I wonder if this will ever see the light of day. What's going to
happen to Jeepster now? They've lost Belle And Sebastian, Snow Patrol,
Looper and presumably the Gentle Waves. Salako don't seem to do anything
anymore and Ian McCulloch has never released anything. I hope this isn't the
end because I rather liked Jeepster. So many questions!

CHICKFACTOR / CAMERA OBSCURA AND OOOOHH!

You know that gentleman's club I was referring to earlier? (for those who
skipped that bit because it was boring, refer to SHENANIGANS above) Well at
the end of the month, Chickfactor are doing a weekend of gigs to celebrate
their 10th anniversary (I think) and they include such luminaries as Camera
Obscura, The Would-Be-Goods and some other bands I can't remember. There was
an advert for it in the toilet, and I had to go to the toilet just so I
could see it. The gentleman's club is called Bush Hall and it's very posh.

This post was a mish mash of rubbish, pish, public service and childish
curiosity - how utterly drab and worthless. Perhaps I should have stayed in
my shell.

Stay beautiful sinister people.

Chris Jones.