Sinister: How green was my valley

Fernando Brito fbrito at xxx.br
Sun Sep 1 17:35:04 BST 2002

Hello Sinister!!! Hope everything's alright!
I'm OK, thanks!

My friends gave me a surprise birthday party! I never had one, and it was
really a surprise! It was soooo, soooo cool! I almost cried. It was the
best party, it started around 23:00 when I got home and went through the
night and the next morning until 15:00! And *almost* noone got tired!
But it happened last week, everyone already knows it, right?!

I had a dream last night, in which I found a skeleton on a beach. It came
back to life and pursued me in a desert road, it was driving a convertible
Mercedez and I was trying to escape riding on a bike... not that
interesting anyway.

A couple of weeks ago HUGO wrote about track lists... yesterday I watched
Yellow Submarine and I was thinking about how Storytelling would be perfect
on vinyl, just like Yellow Submarine, on one side you'd have the "typical"
B&S songs and on the other side they could put all that instrumental music.
I think they don't fit well the way they were arranged, even though
Consuelo Leaving is a perfect opener for Wandering Alone. But what the hell
is Fiction Reprise doing between Scooby Driver and Big John Shaft?!
This would be my track list, if it was on vinyl:

Fuck this Shit
Wandering Alone
I Don't Want to Play Football
Black and White Unite
Storytelling
Scooby Driver
Big John Shaft

Fiction
Freak
Night Walk
Mandingo Cliche
Consuelo Leaving
Consuelo
Fiction (Reprise)

See? No dialogues!

Hugo also wrote about album openers, I agree about SOTAF not being a good
one, I just couldn't find another song to replace it, perhaps Mayfly, but
then it would be a too uplifting opening for a Sinister album... And the
rest of the albums, well, they have quite good openers...
The best sequence in a B&S album is, for me, A Space Boy Dream - Dirty
Dream #2, it's one of those breathtaking sequences! And the best ending is
The Rollercoaster Ride, sure it is.
Was it a list?! Hmmm...Sorry!

She speaks! Flora speaks!!
I'm so happy, I met another sinisterete! Only for an hour or something
because I met her in the airport, she was leaving the country, moving to
Rome. She's from Brasilia and she had a flight connection in São Paulo.
Flora is her name.
She never posted to sinister when she was here... but now she lives in
Italy! I wonder if I'm the only Sinistro who lives in Brazil who's not
ashamed of my poor english! If so, well I'm not that shy after all! I wish
there were more brazilian sinisters, I only met Ana, and she's great, so...
Actually I think I'm the only non-european-american-australian resident who
posts to Sinister, as far as I can remember.

Do you guys know any method or medicine or anything that takes You Don't
Send Me away from one's head? Or at least Mick's trumpet? Please, please
let me know, I'm not sleeping well!

Kisses and hugs,

Fernando Brito