Sinister: the polyphonic spree

Ian Watson ianwatsonuk at xxx.com
Tue Sep 3 12:15:15 BST 2002

25 piece choral symphonic pop group from Dallas, Texas. They are fantastic.
All wear white robes, sing homages to the sun and personal strength, sound
like a cross between Beach Boys, Mercury Rev and The Muppets. Their website
is at www.polyphonicspree.com - new album out in the UK at the end of Sept.
It's great. Called the beginning stages of...

Saw them play last Tuesday at the Union Chapel and they were excellent.
There's a good review of the gig here

http://www.guardian.co.uk/arts/reviews/story/0,11712,782113,00.html