Sinister: Sini-history

Sam Walton samwaltonyeah at xxx.com
Wed Sep 11 23:11:29 BST 2002

Hello Sinister.

A piece of junk mail arrived in my inbox this morning, urging me to take a
peek up some poor girl's skirt or something, and as I clicked delete, I
noticed the date. It made me remember that this time last year, Sinister was
going mental - I think there were about 70 posts in 24 hours. For those of
you who've joined in the last year, and for those who want a memory
freshner, have a sini-history lesson:

http://www.missprint.org/sinister/mhonarc/200109/date3.html
http://www.missprint.org/sinister/mhonarc/200109/date2.html

We had a minute's silence in the V-Shop Crouch End this afternoon. We were
playinng "Amnesiac" by Radiohead over the store PA, the music came off and
everything stopped. That was a long minute. "Pyramid Song" broke the
silence, beautifully. It gave me a sense of perspective, that minute - what
with recent stuff that's happened in my life. But there's not much more I
can say.

This post is not all doom and despondancy though, for I have an amusing
anecdote to relate to you all. Later on in the day, Fran Healy, from the
popular rock'n'roll combo Travis, came into the shop to enquire about a
certian PC game (we didn't have it). He asked me what was playing on the
stereo. "Belle & Sebastian", I cheerily replied, thrusting the box to
TWATTYBUS under his nose. "Jangly Scottish pop - you'd like it", I said with
a smile, and he grinned past his beard and corduroy flat-cap and walked out.

Well it made me smile, anyway.

love

Asm.x

     "He's strictly a pain in the ass, but