Sinister: if you've neglected sinister...

shanny jean shannonjeanmaney at xxx.com
Tue Sep 17 16:08:52 BST 2002

i woke up one hour and seven minutes late this morning because my lovely
boyfriend turned the alarm off and went back to sleep.  he woke up in time
to not be late for anything; i woke up in the middle of crummy english.  a
mixed blessing.

not long following, i sat down and rediscovered the sinister folder in my
e-mail account... long neglected.  i haven't posted since may-june.  it is
now september (and Late september at that!).  oh sadness.  this is what has
happened since:

1. i turned in my apron for a microphone.  i don't wait tables now, but work
at the radio station.  apparently, i do this for free.
2. returned to school.  while buying books, a worker girl had on a belle and
sebastian t-shirt.  i said, "i like your shirt."  she said, "thank you."  i
said, "i have it.  ...On."  low and behold, we were wearing the same
t-shirt, which is strange in normal, illinois, where people listen to a lot
of rap.
3. i received an e-mail from a former teacher who is probably around the age
of Gandalf.  he asked me, "Are you ever online?"
4. i decided i might be an english teacher.  i think i was caught by the
glamour of teaching beowulf to unthankful 16-year olds... i mean, gosh.
5. i discovered ken chu's colander's blog page.  incentive to read all the
missed messages of the summer.

i am sorry, everyone, for being a bad sinistress.  i solemnly swear i will
keep up better.
for now, though, i best do my math homework.

lovie,
shanny jean