Sinister: Real erudition triumphs readily over sill emo children

Paul Field professorpaulo at xxx.uk
Wed Sep 18 12:30:12 BST 2002

Hullo sinister,

I was told that in the absence of presence of somebody
(boss?) today I should occupy my time productively by
mailing you lot, so here I am, doing as I am told for
fear that otherwise I shall be struck down with the
plague.

The bad news is that I am writing this in the morning
so there's a good chance it'll make no sense
whatsoever.

Mister C (Mark, not Vitamin) has made a winning move
of Tigermilking which does deserve all of you London
and southern England types to make every effort to get
there. Simply because it's gonna be bloody cool. And
you might even get a free flying saucer.
He also came up with the idea of the last London
picnic of the year, which I think is a fantastic idea.
I think it should be just about fine so long as no
Phil Collins fans turn up - jacket definitely required
(HOHOHO!). I would of course love to offer to be
picnic mummy but sadly I was born with the affliction
of not having the ability to organise a barbecue in
hell.
There is somebody on this list though who was supposed
to be last picnic mummy but had to back out at late
notice (through no fault of their own I add) who has
been known to organise barbecues in canada *water*,
bermond*sea*. Which is pretty damn impressive and
should make organising a picnic on a hill a complete
cinch.
Not that I am trying to push anybody. I just think
somebody who lives in London and isn't me should do
it. Maybe Bapps! He even has a picnic name.

I personally also have a plan for the weekend after!
Its not totally comfirmed as yet, but its 99% sure
that I will be touring the pubs of Glasgow for a few
days, arriving late evening Thursday 10th Oct, and
leaving sometime the following Monday. I believe
there's to be a winchester club too. I'd like to think
it's in my honour, but given that this is the first
most of you know of these plans I somehow doubt that.
But anyway, I hope you Glasgow kids will all be around
to show me a good time. Ahem. You know what I mean,
filthy sods.

I wish that I had a crush, other than velvet, who I
saw every morning on my way to work. It never happens
in London though. I guess it's the same in all cities
of such size. You just don't see the same people on a
daily basis. You don't catch the such and such a tube,
you just turn up and jump on the first one. Or rather,
as is often the case, squeeze your way through the
mass of sweaty bodies onto the first one. I suppose it
could work if your crush wasn't actually a person but
a building or a lamppost or something, but that would
be a bit weird.

Has anybody heard of a fantastic new singer-songwriter
called Gareth Gates? He does a superb cover of Paul
Hardcastles electro masterpiece "nineteen" (such
heartfelt lyrics). i have the afternoon off work to go
and see him. Well, it does beat sitting in front of a
computer I suppose.

Why doesn't sublime mean beneath limes?

Ok, time to go to the gee gees. I hope he doesn't
resign like D has.
http://www.theonion.com/onion3218/gaymuppet.html

Bye!
Foxy Field