Sinister: But i like girls who drop cups in cafes

Jonathan Skinner staralful at xxx.com
Thu Sep 19 17:57:02 BST 2002

So how is every little thing. you probably won't have noticed my absence and
i barely did. But apart from that how is every little thing with you? I am
actully feeling in quite good fettle and am struggleing to settle into a
post summer routine
SO firstly- guided by voices were unreal- i really really really enjoyed
that gig. They have such energy on stage and his voice (or memory) never
gave up once despite the incredible amount of booze consumed even though the
bassist looked like he was going to keel over at any moment. It was rather
short though it was on 2 hrs and 45 mins and they only played 50 or so songs
but i suppose begsy cannot be choosy. Anyway there is an incredible array of
gigs coming to cork and the general vicinity. The frank and walters ,
teenage fanclub , supergrass ( to dublin but i can look past the money side
and just enjoy them) and *Ahem* sugababes or however you spell it.
AAAANNNNNNNNNYYYYWAY where was i.
Ohh yeah i was just about to solve the last theorem but i forgot it.
AHH yes onto the title. I had this huge conversation with someone i went to
school with about girls in Cafes and the different types. 1 of them was like
the soup nazi in seinfeld who could be and was in general a bitch. The
second is the one that is just there to pay the bills and get by in life.
This is the type i like , the type that drop cups and have a look verging on
the embarrased side of *i really don't want to be here*. But speaking of
Cafes it seems i am soon to be working in one. Since Java Joes (RIP) shut
its doors and the Yumi Yuki club (Sushi bar) turned into a trattatoria we
found that cork lacked a certain what is it the french say, i don't know. So
one drunken evening a group of us decided that if we ever had the money we
would open one in cork and make it a success. Well this was in a pub and
there was plenty of beer taken but then the next morning in bistro over
breakfast we spoke about it more and more and it has taken a hold over each
of us, Separetly we have been scouring the shitty streets of cork for a nice
enough venue. But the money was the all the important thing and we have a
sniff of a silent backer so hopefully all will work out- keep as many
extremities as possible crossed for us as we try to invigourate some cool
into the crappy city ( think a cross between the cafe in so i married an axe
murder and a normal cafe)
it is a shame to see guy barker didn't win the mercury is it not and it is
however (ooh content) it is nice to see an online blog by mr murdoch ,
speaking of blogs i should really get one together and put photos and stuff
up considering i have a rather nice digital camera that is a lot better than
the one i ordered even though it is a bit bulkier but what me worry?

anyway i should really go. plays to go to. peoples asses to kiss

plague and pestilence to you all

jonathan