Sinister: chanson

Gordon mail at xxx.uk
Sat Sep 21 12:26:44 BST 2002

I've been reading sini posts. It's not good for one's health, really. I
think Idle's one was quite sexy but 'the girl is in love with several
others' and Will: yer not alone at all here: join the club, pal. I must also
make a disclaimer. I am VERY drunk. So much that way that I'm drinking
straight off a bottle of the Balmoral Hotel's so-so southern Scotland's
blended whisky and lapping up the dulcet tones of 14th Century music: when
these kids started to sing this shit their brothers were building the
cathedrals of Europe. Which makes me rather in admiration of their hocketing
tones. I'm not exactly sure how to do a 'crie de cour' but for sure they're
generally embarassing: one puts one's life on the washing line. Therefore my
reckoning was to not do it. But here I am, doing it.

I can tell it'll take all day to write this. Sometimes it would be easier to
draw pictures but one is after consistency of tone.

The sun is shining through the staircase window.

Madame est ... jooliest-so
comme erste ci; madamo

that, by the way, is not supposed to make sense in any language; it just
sounds nice

Call and response, call and response: that was the root of music: I say, you
say... and then, once we got the tune, we sing in harmony.

The golden octopus was used as a dress ornament.
Octopuses were a frequent decorative device in Aegean art; this one is
novel, however, in having

...only seven tentacles.

Human beings are complex, huh? Maybe we just love one another in order to
put aside our fear of each other.

I'm not sure I have more to say here but I suppose it would be decent to
offer an image of something; something dreamy...  you are in a field in
spring; a high alp where the flowers are blossoming. The air is clear, and
the gods are calling down to you 'come hither, come hither'. You can see the
blue, deep blue wantonness of the whole world waiting to take you up in its
arms.... 'come hither, come hither'

Gordon
xxx