Sinister: Yeah, Norwich?

Matt matt at xxx.uk
Sun Sep 22 19:27:13 BST 2002

Just returned to Norwich after a year in leeds doing an MSc. But i am returning to Leeds for one week to move worldly goods back to Norwich. But glad to show anyone round this 'Fine City' when I return next Monday. In the meantime places to checkout, St. benedicts street, you've got Sounclash records for new stuff and Circular Sounds by the pelican crossing for second hand records (buy and sell), there's also The Arts Centre (NAC), I'd pick up a programme as there's a bit going on there too. Indie gigs are generally put on by a group of people calling themselves Wombat Wombat. They have a web site - probably www.wombatwombat.co.uk or something? They put gigs on at The Ferryboat on Kings Street which is near The Waterfront on Kings Street which also put on gigs, but not by Wombat wombat. Wombat wombat also put gigs on at the Arts Centre. Another place, although I've never been to it myself is the Underground club which is held on the last Thursday of each month in Mojo's down Prince of Wales street/road on the way down to the station. The lead singer from Kaito spins the records evidently. Playing music like BS2000, Pavement, Belle and Sebastian, The Pastels, The Pixies and similar. there is a poster on the window. I presume that there will be on of the evenings this coming thursday given it's the end of the month.

As for bands to check out: Magoo, PostaLowa, Kaito, Bearsuit, Fiel Garvie and others...

Matt

www.spiteful.i12.com