Sinister: "I'm going overboard, with a capital, Oh"

patrick doyle municipalpool at xxx.com
Sun Sep 22 19:37:48 BST 2002

Hey ho sinister

So my friends have left for uni and
I’m stuck at K.G.S for another year.
A year without the people who share
my crappy sense of humour, and childish
sarcasm, a year sharing a common room
with stinky boy racers and self obsessed
girls, who seem to be constantly straightening
their hair. It didn’t look so bad when Jenna
was still at school, my best friend for
goodness knows how long, who took about as
much shit from the others in my year as I
do. Fair enough, I chose to have friends in
the year above me, and pretty much distanced
myself from the people of my year completely
– forgetting that they would, inevitably, have
to leave for uni at some point. I always
assumed, however, that Jenna would be there
till the end – so you can imagine my dismay
when she announced, somewhat out of the blue,
that she was going off to study at uni in
Aberdeen, thus leaving me with my,
you-won’t-get-into-uni-with-those, grades from last year.

So there we have it, having isolated myself
from my year group entirely, I had gone from
having the best friends into the world, to
having little, or no friends at all. This has
meant a lot more use of my minidisc player,
and hence, and increase in battery usage
(note to self: buy rechargeable batteries).
Because I used to use Jenna’s cable for recording
my minidiscs, I now have no means of recording
new ones until I can be bothered to get a myself
cable, although I cleverly used my last few
days with the use of her cable to make some
compilations, which should keep me going for a
wee while ;) Having no friends to talk to also
means I have had more time to read, although
this is something we are not allowed to do in
the common room, as the common room is used to
listen to dance music and talk about cars (sigh)
and the library won’t let me listen to my minidisc
player...what’s a boy to do?

I have started trumpet lessons, and have had
four so far, I have mastered the funeral march
(always useful), and can do the trumpet part
from the Wrong Girl quite well – one day I’ll
be as good as Mick.... they refused to give me
lessons at school, so I had to bribe someone to
teach me in their free time – and it worked.

Hmm, so tomorrow is the start of a new school week

Monday’s minidiscs shall be –the Ramones – Pleasant Dreams
                            -Belle and Sebastian – Tigermilk
                            -the Smiths – Meat is Murder
                             and
                             a Hoagy Carmichael compilation (great)