Sinister: Party party party... party all the time

Fernando Brito fbrito at xxx.br
Sun Sep 22 20:57:08 BST 2002

Sinister!

So....

Last thursday I went to this party. They only played old songs, lots of
b-sides of famous brazilian artists from the 70s, some of them kinda
kitsch, although it was quite good music. But it was mainly brazilian
music, no reason for comments about it in this list. But what was more
noticeable about that party was the level of liberalization of the use of
drugs. You know, if you want to do drugs in a party it must be something
that noone can see you doing... some "toilet-drug". In the end you never
know how many people are really stoned in a party, or just drunk. But now
people are smoking joints among waiters and doormen, and they don't mind at
all! Not that I'm complaining, but... I mean... this is strange, isn't it?!

And I went to another party last night... weird party! It was like a
selection of the worst songs in the last 20 years! And people loved it. And
I loved it too! It was weird but it was fun!

Speaking of bad songs... I don't know if this is happening only here in
Brazil, but now we have a wave of revivals, everywhere you go they play all
those kitsch hits from the past, songs that once made me want to puke (and
everyone else with the slightest good taste), are now "good" music and
people dance it like they had always liked it! And in fact I too dance and
act this way! What the hell is going on?! The world is turning upside down
or what?! You see, even this pulling thing is inverting. It seems like
girls are now more "active" than blokes! Last night it wasn't me who pulled
a girl, but a girl who pulled me! And she wasn't even drunk... I guess! And
she wasn't ugly either! I know... I never pull girls because I'm too shy...
but now it seems that it won't be a problem anymore! How weird is that?!
Well, actually... How great is that?! For a shy guy like me, it's
WONDERFUL!! But I'm still worried about where this subversion wave is going
to take us... the way things are going I think I'll have to move to
Afghanistan!

I went to another party last saturday, not yesterday, the other saturday
(yeah, it's way behind now, it's not news anymore, I know...). It was Ana's
birthday. I have already told you about Ana, she's from Sinister, that's
how I met her. She never posts! Good party, more weird people and stuff. I
managed to break a table in her aunt's house, where the party took place,
and also almost killed two guys... but it was cool anyway!

I don't know if I should write this here... erm... I hope Carl Brown won't
to get mad at me! It's just that Flora told me that she went to the B&S's
Rome gig and met Carl Brown there. She said he's a very nice, inteligent
guy, etc... but when she told me his name it reminded me a chocolat drink
we used to have here called Brown Cow!
You know, Carl Brown - Brown Cow...
Oh, boy... how silly is that?! Sorry, Carl! Possibly you think my name is a
hundred times funnier than yours!

Ok. I have to say something about Belle and Sebastian, right? Well...
then... let's see... oh yeah! Good idea the Q&A section! I have a long list
of things I wanted to know, maybe now... Although our shallow needs for
gossipy stuff will certainly not be fulfilled this way... I guess we'll
still have to keep checking the Sun's headlines to find something new about
them everyday!

Ok. That's all for now...

Just wanted to say one thing to Caitlin:
Caitlin, you're not alone. Surely not.

And Arik, I know how you're feeling. Actually I felt sort of the same way
last night. It would be easy for me now to tell you what to do, to tell you
to say "fuck her", etc, but I won't, simply because I myself never do that.
I always do the same thing you do, and always feel the same way. And I'm
tired of listening to people come and tell me things like "you have to play
the game", "do the same things she does" and so on... I don't do that. I
can't. I just get home after hanging out with her and go to bed feeling
like a piece of shit or something and even wish I had a gun to blow my
head. Fortunatelly I don't have a gun, and I wouldn't have the guts
anyway...
It's just drunkenness, and in the next morning it's gone.

Kisses and hugs,

Fernando