Sinister: You cheeky, cheeky monkey

robin stout stoutrobin at xxx.com
Fri Sep 27 14:03:38 BST 2002

Hello everyone, old and new

Jim was a bit apologetic about getting all political on our asses. Don't be
Jim. I'm sure Stuart M would endorse the march, which makes it content
enough. The political side and religious side of Belle and Sebastian isn't
discussed enough on this list, I think. Most of their songs have some sort
of political or spiritual perspective. It's not all clogs and bus tickets
you know. I'd go on the march myself if I didn't live in the Land of Whales.
They don't march about anything here really. I suppose so long as the whales
have their krill -PLANKTON! - everyone's happy.

oh, what else was I going to say? Has anyone mentioned the Question and
Answer page at http://www.belleandsebastian.co.uk/home/ ?? I'm going to
write a question asking what happened to the Songbook they were supposed to
be bringing out ages ago. It was going to be my excuse to start playing my
trombone again. The old bone hasn't seen much action recently. So it would
be a shame if a promising career as a trombonist (Sounds a bit like an
orthodontist or a chiropodist or something, doesn't it? Are you looking for
a little tromboning today, madam? Anyway, I digress. My mind's been
wandering ever so much today. I'd better find another bracket I suppose.
Can't parenthesise for ever. I bet you can't even remember what I was saying
now, can you? I know I can't. Better read the first half of the sentence
again. Deep breath...) was dashed simply because the B+S songbook never came
out. If I knew it was *never* going to come out, I'd go and buy a copy of
The Fall's Greatest Hits For Brass, but at the moment I just don't know.

Geoff, were you being sarcastic?? It's the lowest form of wit you know.
Yeah, like, I REALLY think so.

Mark, I'd offer you my passport, you know, but I'm twenty-three so I don't
think it would be much use. Have the Italian army finally tracked you down
to do your national service, then? I don't think you'd fool them with my
passport in any case. The photo's from when I was fifteen and I just look
like a cheeky little monkey.

BYE

Robin x

:ps: if you want to you can have a look at my new website. It's in a state
of huge uncompletion, or mild barely startedness, however you want to look
at it, but it's going to be quite top really. I'm trying to make it like
those religious leaflets I keep finding in the bus stop down the road but
just with lots of *really bad advice*. At the moment it's, well, just a bit
crap really. www.superatomic.co.uk xxx.