Sinister: sunday frigging picnic

ian hobart at xxx.uk
Fri Sep 27 23:04:31 BST 2002

2 mails in one day.  i'm sorry.  this one, however, is for the good of US
ALL.
err... well those of us who will be in london, englishland, over the weekend
anyway.

i was hoping somebody else would organise a picnic on sunday, for those
moments in between chickfactor balls.  or (for those who aren't going to
bush hall) for that last chance to catch the september before it slips away
and leaves us with only october to shivver through.

nobody has done this so far, so i'll make a start.
2 o'clock.  in a suitable park.  how about st james's park?  if it rains,
we'll go somewhere else.
i don't know london, and which parks are suitable for bush hall.  if you
have a better idea, take things from here and plan them yourself.  no, i'm
not being arsey, i really REALLY want you to do it.  i am from the MIDLANDS,
and therefore technically unqualified to do this anyway...go on, DO IT!

okay, i have it on good authority that saint james's park is NICE, so that's
a good place to start.  if somebody can select a monument we can meet at,
that would be nice. (err..it doesn't have to be a monument, actually.  just
something that's easy to find)

if it rains, there will be a plan B, involving a PUB.  perhaps somebody who
knows that area would like to suggest one.

so... 2 in the afternoon, somewhere in saint james's park, sunday.
bring a frisbee, or some balloons, or just something wonderful*

or, just bring yourself, and a smile (and a bottle, preferably).

here is my telephone number.  you can ring it, if you want to ask me what
the fuck is going on (bear in mind that i don't always know what the fuck is
going on.  some would say 'never''.  stop lauging, dimitra) or just if you
want to sing me songs about cats:

07967 302614.

DON'T email me for information, cos i'm leaving birmingham tomorrow, and
heading south.  email me to tell me stories and spread rumours instead.  i
know you can do that.

so, like bongwater once said

'that's our manifesto, pencil in a date.
let me know when something gives, i hope its not too late'

not very relevant to this mail,  but i do like that song.

see you there.

ian

*examples of something wonderful: an amusing sex toy that we can all laugh
at; a dancing elvis doll; a friend who nobody knows but has hidden secrets;
a signed photograph of lorraine kelly; HARD DRUGS..oh no, scrub that bit.
how untwee..

ps.

gordon said:

>I'm not sure I have more to say here but I suppose it would be decent to
>offer an image of something; something dreamy...  you are in a field in
>spring; a high alp where the flowers are blossoming. The air is clear, and
>the gods are calling down to you 'come hither, come hither'. You can see
the
>blue, deep blue wantonness of the whole world waiting to take you up in its
>arms.... 'come hither, come hither'

and if this isn't a sign that EVERYONE should turn up, i don't know what is.