Sinister: Attention Brisbane and Sydney listees ... advice sought

Lawrence Mikkelsen mikelsen at xxx.nz
Mon Sep 30 08:53:42 BST 2002

hello, and sorry to everyone who doesn't live in either Sydney or Brisbane.
This is blatant list abuse.

My wife vanessa and I are are heading over from New Zealand to Brisbane to
see Morrissey at Livid, and I was wanting a few recommendations ...

a) Aside for The Lucksmiths (who I love), what other Australian bands
playing at Livid might appeal to a B&S/indie fan like myself.

b) Which are the good record stores in Central Brisbane and Sydney. (ie.
shops with good selection, lots of indie albums, imports etc.) I'm a big fan
of Candle Records and need to stock up on a bit of back catalogue stuff, so
anywhere that stocks that sort of thing would be appreciated.

c) Is anything by The Sugargligers (Australian band from the early 90s)
available on CD in Australia?

Thanks ...

Lawrence

PS - anyone who feels like taking me on a tour of record stores in either of
these cities and is willing to put up with a 27 year old music trainspotter
for a few hours will have lunch/drinks bought for them :)