Sinister: Reporting Back and further bowling info

Hewitt, Stephen S.Hewitt at xxx.uk
Tue Apr 1 09:47:29 BST 2003

ello babies

So I went to see THE SINISTERS on Saturday and they were a very perky, 60s
garage !p!o!p! kind of thing and they all had exciting 60s style clothing
on.  I went up to the singer afterwards and asked where they got their name
from and apparently two of them are left-handed "and sinister means
left-handed, you know" she said helpfully. "Oh, *i* know" I replied.  RICKY
SPONTANE (theyplayedatmyweddingyouknow) were also v good, but NOUGHT from
oxford were v scary in a freeimprovnoiseprog kind of way.

Also, somewhat randomly, EVAN DANDO was there, but I was a bit confused by
that point (guinness is a confusing thing, you know) so wasn't exactly sure
which person he was.  This is because I was talking to all my old mates from
cheltenham, several of whom I hadn't seen for aaaaaaaaages, and who are now
in exciting rock bands in london (rather than exciting rock bands in
cheltenham) with names like THE BEATINGS and BLACK MADONNA.

Ken said (because he is a different, helpful xXxer):

Did you know there is a yahoo group for sinister glasto meetups?  (set up by

Carsmile Steve?)

Which is possibly the first time anyone but me has plugged it which is nice.
I noticed some sort of pezzypop joining up the other day, hello pezzypops ;)

Needless to say, my ticket is booked like a big book shaped thing.

Further to Ken's large mine of bowling info for Saturday.  When you arrive
at Finsbury Park, if you look on the "continuing your journey from finsbury
park" map, ROWANS is handily marked on said map.  Also they have a !D!D!R!
machine as well as the easiest grabber in the world.  We watched one young
lady retrieve half a dozen stuffed toys from it in almost as few goes the
other week.  Saturday will be the third time in three weeks I have been to
Rowans, I feel this is nothing to be proud of...

I've seen that other b&s interweb hobby, they don't look like they could
beat mighty sinister fc at tiddlywinks, never mind footy ;)

(hold on, who is mighty sinister fc these days??? With 96 at atp and bapps
in ameriky are we relying on the kaiser to break some bones???)

See you at the weekend (and you, but not you, obviously, I mean you live on
the other side of the planet, innit, not that it wouldn't be delightful if
you just turned up)

xoxo
CarsmileSteve