Sinister: The Robin Cook Fanclub

Gardiner, Stuart Stuart.Gardiner at xxx.uk
Tue Apr 1 12:34:42 BST 2003

Well, it appears I'm not going to Glastonbury this year after all. I've been
mulling it over in my mind, trying to decide whether I can afford it or not,
and now all the tickets have sold out within 24 hours. Oh well, fate I
suppose.

All that talk last week about how sunny it was seems to have cursed the
weather. Nottingham's been under a cloud all day. It looks like rain. It's
wet, it's falling from the sky, and it's collecting in puddles. Yes, it's
rain alright.

Meanwhile on the Sinister webpage, it's still snowing, and has been
continuously since before Christmas. No wonder we've not heard from Honey
recently, she must be snowed in. Maybe Aunt Sadie has taken her sledging.
Just watch out for the evil Casarotto throwing snowballs.

Discussion from the weekend: Lost Classics. Songs which should have become
all-time favourites, but for some reason, never did, and have been largely
forgotten by the populace. Our chart included:
Sparky's Dream - Teenage Fanclub
After All - The Frank And Walters
Girl At The Bus Stop - BMX Bandits
Monday Morning 5.19 - Rialto
The Crystal Lake - Grandaddy
Agolo - Angelique Kidjo
I Want An Alien For Christmas - Fountains Of Wayne
Kung Fu - Ash
The Man With The Red Face - Laurent Garnier
Oblivion - Terrorvision

In other news, it's picnic time! The weather forecast is, well, undecided as
to whether it'll be hot and sunny or not; but hey, there's always the pub
just in case... All you need is yourself, some food, some beers, and a smile
(how cheesy is that?)

And because I'm such a helpful fellow, I'll even help you out by sharing my
favourite picnic food recipe:

PRIMROSE CAKE
Ingredients:
4oz plain flour
4oz attractive flour
5oz healthy alternative butter substitute
2 pinches of self-raising salt
4 eggs (scotch)
3 tbsps cocoa powder (preferably from the Tbspsina region of Hungary)
1 sultana, diced
142-145 hundreds and thousands

Instructions:
Whip the ingredients together (or if you're using your whip for other
purposes (Archel?), use a whisk instead). Pour into a microwavable bucket.
Cook in a medium oven (or cook twice in a small oven), stirring every 35-40
seconds. Remove when cold all the way through. Shrink-wrap in polythene.
Offer to others before you eat any yourself (after all, it's only polite).
Serve with custard.

Failing that, you could always go to Sainsbury's.

In other news, I've got to stop using the phrase "In other news", it's
getting out of hand... After that, I'll be able to concentrate on stopping
using three dots at the end of every sentence...

Big Stu

PS Since I started writing this, the sun has come out. Typical.