Sinister: I never fought in a war...

starmine gasriot at xxx.com
Fri Apr 4 01:31:06 BST 2003

I try to stay out of these conversations, i mean.... I
don't like to be the springboard for conversations
that make ppl angry or anything.  I just think that,
first of all, this anti-american sentiment is almost
entirely deserved.  I am an american, and i like where
i live.  I suppose its better than some places, worse
than some others.  It's hard for me to stand behind
this war, though.  I just don't see the right of it.
Saddam may be a dictator and a tyrant, but what
business is that of ours?  As Jeanette Winterson said
on her website, europe didn't step in when black
americans were being lynched and burned in the earlier
part of the 20th century.
I know that's not the strongest argument for not
getting involved, but it illustrates the fact that
just because you can do something doesn't always mean
you should.  The north korean government is pretty bad
too.  are we going to bomb them next?  I hope not.
I think of my government as a bit of a schoolyard
bully.  A big, potbellied, red-knuckled ten-year-old.
He knocks people down that he doesn't like.  His
little gang of friends would be like the majority of
the american public; blindly following.
I can't bring myself to hate GWB.  I think that he's
not fit to run the country.  I think he's a barely
literate orator, and i think that he pronounces too
many words incorrectly to be allowed to drop bombs on
people.  I hate that we're not supposed to call them
"french fries" anymore, but we should call them
"freedom fries."  I think that one statement sums up
the entirety of my feelings for the war.
Anyway, this is a bit longer than i meant it to be.
Just understand that i'm very anti-war, i'm not
anti-american (but i see why so many ppl are), and i
don't know a whole lot about the white stripes.