Sinister: we know something you don't know

Rask raskolnikoff_01 at xxx.com
Fri Apr 4 00:39:32 BST 2003

I know it sucks when lists such as this get over politicised and none of us
should broach these highly sensitive issues for fear that our little
community might implode, but things will be said and i want to add my 2
cents.
Firstly i'd like to say that being anti-war does not mean that you are
anti-American. There are plenty of very intelligent left wing thinkers who
are american, Noam Chomsky is a favourite of mine. People should not mix
hatred for a regime (the bush regime) with the kind of xenophobic rhetoric
that seems to have become synonymous the much of the anti war movement. They
are completely separate issues and should be left that way. It is just as
sad to see some uneducated redneck kid dying fighting for a jingoistic world
power like AmeriKka as it is to see and uneducated kid slaughtered in a
market place in Baghdad. Its all so senseless and sad and every life lost is
too many at the hands of these profiteering criminals who push buttons and
give orders from their chairs.
I think it was summed up beautifully by a great writer Arundhati Roy  a
couple of days ago in the guardian.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/Iraq/Story/0,2763,927849,00.html
Also i think that people might ease up on Stine a bit i believe her comments
were human and not political.

i am really digging the new white stripes album.
I just got f#a# infinity by the mighty godspeed you black emperor on vinyl
with the pressed penny and the silk screen drawings, it is lurvly. My only
complaint about it is the train sounds are different to the cd and really
difficult to listen to.
I was wondering can anyone recommend any acid mothers temple &melting
par........ records, i have new geocentric world, but i just bought the one
on alien8 records and it is awful. Its just all of the freakout stuff with
none of the chilled refrains.

richard*end of the land sadness/ end of the world gladness