Sinister: A little bit of Sinister history...

MRissbrook at xxx.com MRissbrook at xxx.com
Fri Apr 4 17:11:13 BST 2003

Hello again.  I liked Mark Castrato's posting about "old" Sinisterines, and he is dead right in saying that they were some of the funniest people you could meet.

I work in Manchester, and yesterday had lunch in the "Square Albert," a pub opposite the Town Hall, scene of the Xmas 1997 (or was it 98?  I am old and my memory's a failing!) B&S shows, and twas in the Square Albert that I attended my first large scale Sinister meet up.  In fact, it may well have been one of the first ever big Sinister meet ups.

So what has happened to the "old" gang?  If I wasn't so fucking hopeless at keeping in touch with people I'd probably have a better idea, obviously, but I'd love to hear from Tag, JJ, rachel, Keith, Chris etc etc etc again.

By the way I'm claiming the credit for being the first to call Stu Gardiner "Tall Stu", or "Tall Git" as I believe I called him, as I had the dubious privilege of standing behind him at the three Town Hall gigs.  I am 6'2", and still couldn't see anything due to the sheer freakishness of his height.  He belongs in a circus!

One change I have noticed in this board over the years is that there seems to be less debate now.  I'd rather read a few short posts, than one long self important one.  But then I have the attention span of a gnat, and a prepensity to gossip.

Yours

Martin Rissbrook