Sinister: illicit rock'n'roll

Sam Walton samwaltonyeah at xxx.com
Fri Apr 4 17:37:58 BST 2003

Hello Sinister.

Two posts in nearly as many hours? I know, it's not what Cliff would have
done...

But I've had a couple of thoughts since then which seemed quite apt. I'm
doing work experience at the moment at Universal Records, based just off
Picadilly Circus. It's good fun. I tend to have lunch in Soho Square,
because it's nice to spot the hipsters and art students making their way
across town. It's quite a sport actually. What I've noticed, however, is
that when walking through Soho, you either get offered sex or drugs. No
illicit rock'n'roll to be found; just sex and drugs.

I tend to get offered drugs, but never sex. I wonder if this says anything
about me. D'you think that some people get offered sex but no drugs? Is
there a code, d'you think? It sounds strange but it really interests me;
d'you think the pimps and the pushers and all the rest of it look down the
narrow streets of Soho and think "That bloke needs a fix", or "That bloke
needs a shag"? And what of the people who get offered everything? They must
look really needy. Or rich. Or both. I'm sorry Sinister, it just interests
me, that's all.

I spent my lunch hour trying to track down a Rooney England shirt. I'd
probably have had more luck trying to find an original Tigermilk (note
content). It seems that everywhere has run out of the right letters to go on
the back of shirts; apparently because of Beckham and Owen, Es and Ns are
not easy to come by. Now there that's something I bet you didn't know...

Wanna buy some weed?

love

Asm.x

     "He's strictly a pain in the ass, but