Sinister: Love Letters

Dimitra Daisy zoziepop at xxx.com
Fri Apr 4 20:38:22 BST 2003

Dear Stacey and everyone else,

Much like Lucy, I, too, wouldn't have any real friends if it wasn't for
Sinister. The friends I made on it are the sort I've always dreamt of having
but never had. Oh, I tried, but it never worked. Do you know the Television
Personalities song Smashing Time? I had dreamt of days like the ones
described in it even before I heard it, which was before I joined Sinister;
my friends at the time never seemed to have the time or the will to do
simple, silly things with style, love and a bit of happiness. Sinister is
where I found them.

I also love Sinister for:

- All the things it ever gave me: great friends, places to travel to, the
best birthday party ever and Ken! Who made me dance on said party and to
whom I am forever grateful.

- The inspiration it often gives me. Sometimes by simply sending a great
piece of writing to my inbox.

- Picnics! And clubnights! They are great fun.

- The fact that I think it takes a lot of people who live in their own
worlds and puts them together. I honestly think that: I think almost
everyone on the list would stick out in a crowd one way or another.

- The fact that, much as it's not perfect as I used to think it is, it is
still better than the rest of the world, kinder, more understanding and
loving and well-meaning, and it makes wonderful things happen.

As for Belle and Sebastian... I liked them long before I joined Sinister, so
I must had other reasons. 1999 seems like a long, long time ago but I'll try
to remember, just for you. At first, I liked their name. Then, I liked
Stuart's voice... and the fact that you can sing along to them (although I
can only do it badly). When I started getting addicted to them, I liked
their pop-ness and their insightfull lyrics. Stuart's writing is like
opening a window to a place people usually neglect to look, I just loved
that. I loved his voice, his innocence and kindness and the way he said 'oh
love of mine, would you condescent to help me cause I'm stupid and blind'.
And the fact that he bothered to say it. Oh if everyone was a little like
that...

Love, of all sorts,
Dimitra Daisy
xx

~~~~~
And the children stayed children, and they lived in their dreams.

  http://www.friendsoftheheroes.co.uk/