Sinister: The first great bowling/picnic weekender of 2003: REPORTING BACK

Ellebelle elle_jane1 at xxx.uk
Mon Apr 7 19:10:06 BST 2003

ok. working on the basis you can never have too much
REPORTING BACK here goes:

The first great bowling/picnic weekender of 2003:
REPORTING BACK

Sun, smiles, more sun more smiles and some cheers when
Lord Ken
finally decides to turn up to the big Sinistravaganza
outside
the illustrious Rowans bowling emporium. We said
hello, we talked
a bit and then we waited for Mr C to stop talking to
'she was my
boss, but now she's my friend'.

Into Rowans, out of the glorious sunshine (why?) to
start the
serious business of the day: getting the drinks in.

All was going nicely, the entire Surrey Sinister
Massive were enjoying
their first gathering, the love hearts were being
passed round (sweets,
if these are not available to overseas Sinisters),
when Mark decided to
announce to the assembled masses that i was, indeed,
the only single
girl there. Thanks for that, Mr C. Not that i'm
complaining, i much
prefer all charming young men to know that fact, it
was just, how do
i put this, a little unsubtle.

so we went to start bowling. I'm not very good at all
things game-like
and must apologise to Daf for taking one of his turns
(i didn't know
that if you get them all down you don't get your
second turn). I don't
think it made much difference though (I recommend
taking Daf to all
bowling outings as he will make everyone look expert).
there was a
lovely pink bowling ball though, it looked really nice
when going down
the lane/gutter, and that's what matters, really.

for the second game we split into leagues so i can't
tell you about the
competitive action the other side of the hall. in fact
i can't even tell
you who won the game i was in, though i'm sure it was
Eric (three strikes
in a row, you know).

i (being a popular sort of girl and greatly in demand
at social functions)
had to run away at this point so i'll leave it to
other Sinis to tell
you about the rest of the Saturday.

*******************

Sunday. 2pm.

"Meet outside the cinema at 2pm." they'd said. "We'll
be there!" they'd
assured me.

Ha.

Good job i had a book.

Sunday. It was cold, very cold and i'd forgotten my
hat. i contemplated
returning home but decided to give them a chance.

Good job i did. Straggles of Sinisters started
arriving. No-one looked
quite as chirpy as they had on the Saturday. Murmers
of beer and even
more beer reached my almost frozen ears as delegations
went off to
Sainsbury's to top up the alcohol level.

Loaded with wine, beer and vodka we then stocked up
with twiglets and
crisps, checked the football and started off to the
top of the hill.

i can't write much about the actual picnic or football
as i was drifting in and out
of hypothermia during my time there. A few
high/lowlights.
*BigStu might nearly be a doctor but he needs some
eating lessons. or
just to learn to locate his mouth when eating.
*Liz makes fab cheese scones and chocy cup cakes (yum)
*Archel hides her vibrating phone deep inside her
clothing
*Marc C takes dirty pants picnicing with him
*The Pinefox gets upset when "there just isn't any
bread" and makes
tuna sandwiches with cheese scones
*Stephano plays football with half a bottle of wine in
his hand.

i think that sums it up.

The pub was good. it was warm. i thawed out and ran
away before any
of the sweaty people turned up.

thanks to Lord Ken for arranging this weekend. i
laughed lots. we even
talked about Belle and Sebastian sometimes...

Miss Lucy
xxx