Sinister: the dangers of supply and demand

Peter Harris peter_harr1s at xxx.uk
Wed Apr 9 10:13:00 BST 2003

hello again,
Thankyou to the unnamed individual who emailed me last
week.  aren't you lovely :)

Just thought for those who have been swindled out of
Glastonbury tickets (many, i would think) that Mr
Eavis is embarking on a crackdown of people who are
using Ebay or illicitly reselling tickets by any other
medium (this is a legal infringement, of course).  So,
do keep your eyes peeled; I have a sneaking suspicion
that in a few weeks there may be another release of
recaptured tickets.  Good luck!

For the rest of you, I was glad to hear about the
bowling weekend.  Shame i couldn't make it, i like
bowling.  Especially because of the shoes - i liked
them so much i have a pair i swiped.  it's the only
thing i thieved deliberately.

I'm home from uni, back in the manurey countryside
that is my very own Tom Wolfe's "home".  I got back.
But only for 3 days, goodness knows my family are
insane.

Joke: Two snowmen are standing in a field, and one
says to the other "Do you smell carrot?"

Ooh, well intentioned post rapidly losing any value...
Just thought i'd pay my respects to Edwin Starr, i had
the privilege of seeing him perform, albeit with Utah
Saints at Reading.  But they and he were both
exceptional, the highlight of my festival that year.

For those people who dislike Thom Yorke's anti-bush
remarks, I must say, despite adoring Radiohead's
works, that you're right, he does seem just to snipe,
rather than discuss.  Marilyn Manson is a much more
literate and persuasive debater.  The new Radiohead
album, by the by, is called "Hail To The Thief", a
direct quote by protest groups opposing Bush's
election (but let's be fair, it was a swindle, and
that's not an inflammatory comment as there was bags
of evidence.  But it's water under the bridge now, and
we have bigger fish to fry)

Oh, also, did you know that France and Russia were
going to veto the UN resolution not on ethical
grounds, but because France has lucrative oil dealings
with Iraq and Russia has supply line issues in the
Middle East?  It's sad that everything boils down to
money.  Douglas Adams said something funny about that
in the Hitch-Hiker's Guide To The Galaxy.

That's war, now the White Stripes.   The only time i
REALLY watched them (exclude Glastonbury 2002) was in
September 2002, when they did Yardbird covers with
Jeff Beck at the latter's Royal Festival Hall
performance.  It were quite good.  In other respects,
i can't say i truly appreciate what they do, as I
dearly love harmonious singing voices (cf Mr Murdoch).

I'm surprised I emailed again.  I thought i may lurk.
Maybe i will.

Love to you all,
Peter
xx