Sinister: The vicar, or whatever, took her CHU one side and gave her KENfirmation

Rachel fruitloop-Apps blind_lisa at xxx.com
Thu Apr 10 01:51:36 BST 2003

Alright, Sinister...
It's been a long time...If Liz Daplyn is going to post, then I'm
going to have to as well.

It was over a year ago when I was in London. There were Sinister
gatherings. And dancing. A trip to Copenhagen to see B&S. I think of
that time fondly. I will return in a bit more than a year. I hope
you're all there to have more fun times with.

Right now life is full of hard work. Time has flown by so fast. Last
year, everything was leading up to Benny Bapps' Visa coming through
so he could move to Califor-ni-a to marry me. So that was all pretty
much a blur. It was New Year's Eve. The wedding was rockin'. I walked
down the aisle to "Fiction" from the Storytelling soundtrack.  The
weather in Santa Barbara was beautiful.  At the reception overlooking
the sea, we read the card from Sinister, hand delivered by Jim Purple
Trousers.  Explaining to my Great Aunt who this Stuart Murdoch is as
I read his greeting on the card to our guests was quite amusing. I
think that was my favorite wedding present of all. Thanks to everyone
who signed the card for us. It makes me happy that I think back to
that day and I feel completely satisfied about the way everything
turned out. I never wanted a big wedding just because it's too much
pressure to have everything go well and be worth all the money a big
wedding costs. We managed to pay for it all and it was fairly
inexpensive. All I knew was that I definitely wanted to wear a red
kimono and I definitely wanted my hair to go with the kimono, and I
think it turned out better than I had hoped. I also definitely wanted
the groom to show up, and he did! If you want to see wedding pics go
to: http://www.members.aol.com/benandrachelapps/album.html

Ben works at the same company as I do now. It seems like I spend more
time talking about Sinister in my everyday life than I spend actually
participating. Every day someone wants to know how Ben and I met, and
we tell them it was through our favorite band and Sinister. I'm proud
to say I met my husband here on this list, but people who aren't a
part of this never understand. Oh well.  Everybody asks "How's
married life?" and you know what, it's good. It doesn't feel much
different than when we were just dating, except he can live here
legally now. It's a perk of having that nice legal piece of paper. Of
course, this immigration process won't be over for another year or
so. By then, we'll probably be ready to move me back to London and we
can start the paper trail all over again! Yee haw!

The next phase of this year for me includes looking forward to
picnics and sunny days and staying out of the Southern California
summer heat and in the swimming pool or air conditioned apartment.
The aforementioned trip to London next year is also something I think
about a lot these days. I'm happy thinking about traveling. Though I
hope the war will be over when it's time to go abroad. It's such a
terrible thought that it could still carry on.

Here's a blast from the past: Some of you may remember that the
Rachels on this list had a competition with the Wills and the Chris
people and the Rob/y/ins to make the best mixtape.  Chu'll be the
judge.  The Rachels mix was finished and returned to me in December.
It took 13 months to complete and traveled across the US to the UK,
to Poland and then back to the US again.  And if KEN will ever send
me his mailing address, I will send it to him for his consideration.

The funny thing for me about music lately is that I don't make enough
time for enjoying it.  I think I used to be far more passionate about
music when I was listening to it through headphones.  It just seems
to have so much more impact on me.  I wonder if anyone else feels
this way... I am chomping at the bit for some new B&S music.  I'm
sure I'm not alone with that feeling.

Well, it still feels like I don't have anything significant to say.
But at least I gave it a shot. I've missed communicating with so many
of you. I hope everyone is well.

love,
Rachel fruitloop-Apps