Sinister: we still dance on whirling stages

Christine Irene competitionsmile at xxx.com
Thu Apr 10 16:17:31 BST 2003

greetings and salutations from the dark side of the
moon.  i hope that this finds all of you well.  :o)
the sun shines brightly in chicagoish today and i am
trying to work up the courage to call this girl who
posted an advert looking for a roommate.  i don't know
why things like this frighten me so.  weird.
i am also somewhat trepedatious about moving into a
place with a stranger.  unfortunately it is my only
option right now.  i just don't think i can handle
living on my own, financially.  on top of that, i am
so scared of everything....much as i may like to live
alone, i think i would be nervous all of the time.  i
mean, if someone breaks in and kills you when you have
a flat mate, at least they can find you relatively
quickly.  if you live alone you become one of those
urban legends in which your body wasn't discovered for
months and, when found, wild dogs had eaten your skin
and saved your organs for maggots.  or something.
maybe not.

it was nice to hear from rachel fruitloop today.  i
have never communicated with her (you) offlist, but
always loved reading her posts.  i hvae been on this
list for....6 or 7 years now...a long time.  i miss
all of the old posters :o) how is stacey dahling
doing, anyone know?    has anyone heard from elise or
jim?  i had her email addy in my old @home addy
book....then @home went out of business with no
warning and i lost everything.

speaking of losing everything.  i had to initialize my
hard drive...again!  a few weeks ago i crashed my
computer and had to initialise it.  i did so weeping.
the thought of losing my 5000 mp3's (including much of
my own music) and all of my beloved bookmark's broke
my heart.  so i was just re-finding some old favourite
web sites, re-downloading songs, etc.  a problem that
i am continuing to have with the compatibility of my
OS 9 burner and my OS X system, was leaving me
slightly more than frustrated.  i have a really
expensive burner that has been useless to me for
months!  anyway, i was on the phone with apple 6 times
on tuesday.  the last guy i spoke to helped me find a
hardware glitch that was causing all of these bizarre
messages i was getting.  the only way to try to fix it
was to do one mutha of an initialisation.  i had to
set it up to programme all of the 1's back to 0's.
everything gone....again.
yesterday i re-installed OS 9 and then OS X....things
seem to be okay now...that means I don't have to buy a
new hard drive.  yay!

at the risk of making a really lengthy post, i shall
share one last thing, and then be on my way.  i really
envy the sinisters in the UK.  there are many of you
and you always seem to have activities going on.  i
think there are, like, 4 people in chicago on the
list...that i know of anyway.  i feel that we
mid-westerners need to make our picnic presence known.
 there was a picnic a couple of years ago...and a
couple of gatherings when B&S were here last
year....but nothing apart from that.  we should change
that.  granted, we don't have ken chu, but i'm sure we
could muster up a good time.  hmm.

ah well.  i shall away now.  dunno what is on the
docket for today....i need to think of something
intellectually stimulating for the girlies to do
today.  the divine miss em, aged 5, was so excited.
we have been doing these science projects of late and
today she brought the crystals she grew, to school to
show her teachers and classmates.  tre cool.

love and physics

~stine