Sinister: the SARS of track and field

Kenneth P Y Chu pykachu100 at xxx.com
Sun Apr 13 12:08:04 BST 2003

Hello all,

Yeah, well so wassup.  I'm still recovering from the weekend sinister
bowling and drinking extravaganza which had quite literally left me
speechless.  Either that or I caught SARS and lost my voice.

A lot of reporting back has been done therefore I shall keep this brief,
things that I remember (not much).  So a la High Fidelity here's a top 10
list of what I can remember.

- Extraordinary bowling techniques were perfected by various sinisters to
such preternatual heights that "Psychic Bowling" phenomena was observed
resulting in strikes without even throwing a ball.

- Human sacrifices made by Rowens Bowling technicians, forfeiting their own
bodies to the bowling machinary in order to restore our pins.

- Big Stu losing to the GIRLS despite being in the Champions League, while
Dafyd Strange's miraculous two-handed technique ever so slightly let him
down.

- Kieran Devaney showing Venus the girls cover band what he thought of their
performance.

- The obligatory Top Of The Hill Whinging was done.  This time regarding the
weather and Sam already quoted my quotage of Outkast, so I won't.  All I
have to say is, judging by how TIRED everyone looked after the picnic (some
even went home EARLY!) - AS IF any of you would have turned up for bowling
if it happens after picnicking ye lazy getts... :-)

- BEATING THE OTHER INTERNET B&S PASSTIME AT FOOTIE - which may or may not
have to do with my infiltration into the other team and causing them to
lose....

- sneaked a bottle of wine into the pub but failing to drink it due to being
a wuss.

- Proudly living up the twee as fuck stereotype by mass consumption of LOLLY
POPs inside the pub, until barmaid told us to stop eating those because
"they serve snacks at the bar so please put those away" - tempted to go to
the bar and ask if they really served lollies.

- Attempts (and the failure) to come up with good names for a Belle and
Sebastian tribute band.  Or at least one that is as good as "We might be We
Might Be Giants" or "Are We Them".

- The obligatory Inside The Pub whinging was done.

So yeah!  Fun it was.  Can't wait til GLASGOW GIG.. and I wonder if B&S will
do Glastonbury again...the Red Bull Dozers are!  I've heard rumours that
they will be doing a drunken live performance on Acoustics Tent #28374 (i.e.
my tent)

Ken