Sinister: I'm half in love with every girl I meet

Gardiner, Stuart Stuart.Gardiner at xxx.uk
Mon Apr 14 14:37:26 BST 2003

So, last week was fun. An accidental big night out on Friday, bowling and drinking (probably more of the latter let's face it) on Saturday, picnicking and drinking (probably more of the latter let's face it) on Sunday, then a conference fill of drinking all week. In fact I enjoyed myself so much, I was thoroughly depressed when I finally got home on Thursday and missing everyone loads. Yes, that includes YOU. The only answer to depression is of course to go out shopping, spend lots of money on new clothes, and then get home and settle down for the evening with a big bar of chocolate. At which point I jumped up, thought "Oh shit I'm turning into a woman", and immediately turned the TV on to watch the football.

Much excitement (I'm easily impressed) when I received a list crush vote last week. For those of you who weren't around here when it started, the idea is to anonymously tell people you fancy them; if they vote for you as well, you both get an email, and love flows. Possibly. Of course, votes are supposed to be entirely on the basis of posts to the list, and nothing more carnal, but nobody ever seemed to take much notice of that bit. So if you want to cheer someone up, go to http://www.missprint.org/sinister/crush.html.

What's more exciting is that I have absolutely no idea who was responsible. I can only assume it was someone who didn't witness my eating problems on Primrose Hill last weekend.

Most bizarre musical event of the summer: you can always rely on the Guildford Festival to have an, erm, interesting bill. The festival which once entertained the masses with Culture Club, Motorhead and Rolf Harris on the same weekend, has come up with the goods once more. This year's festival will be headlined by Love, Madness, and Alice Cooper. With support from the Mavericks and Atomic Kitten. Who on earth do they expect to go? I'm sure there is a big Alice Cooper / Atomic Kitten crossover market in Surrey, but still...

Big Stu