Sinister: i hope i live to relive the days gone by

Christine Irene competitionsmile at xxx.com
Tue Apr 15 19:40:37 BST 2003

greetings to the sinister posse.  it is a rather balmy
85 degrees in chicagoish today.  our attempts to play
outside were foiled by the fact that the youngest of
my charges is afraid of the outdoors.  well, not the
entire outdoors, just wind, leaves, and birds.  you
can imagine how this might impair an outing. maybe you
can't.

the weekened was odd.  i woke up saturday morning with
the most exhilerating sense of optimism.  "this is my
day i thought."  i honestly felt i was going to win
the lottery or something.  so i went to get the post
from my PO BOX.  i got a letter  from my bank saying
that the balance in my checking account was -281.64.
there went my lucky streak.
a chance encounter led me to meeting my cousin
colleen, whom i never see.  she and i, and her 2 kids,
went to grab some lunch and had a nice visit.  on
saturday night i saw "Bend It Like Beckham."  I love
that movie!  i was going to see it in oxford when i
was there last year....i couldn't find the movie
theatre though :o)  my cousin, who is newly 14, and
his best friend tyler, asked if they could go to the
cinema with me....they're pretty cool, as 14 year olds
go, so i said ya.   they hated it.  i told patch (my
cousin) that i didn't really care...he owed me a movie
he disliked as he made me take him to see "Zoolander"
last year.  what a shite movie.  sept the fountain
that sprayed gasoline :o)

speaking of movies.  have you seen that movie "Shallow
Hal?"  i dunno.  it just seems offensive to every
group of people.  all of the aesthetically pretty
people have ugly souls, all of the unattractive people
have this gorgeous inner beauty...very sterotyped i
think.  the overweirght girl orders 98 cheeseburgers
and breaks a chair.  i dunno.   i like to think that
pretty people can be nice and that un-pretty people
can be bastards.  also, i dont think that people with
wieght problems necessarily eat all of the time.
weird.  ah well.  i have seen it a couple of times
and, honestly, i don't know that they are trying to
pigeon hole people like that, i think it is just
supposed to be about this shallow guy who finds true
love in a less than perfect package.  i dunno.  i
really don't like gwynyth paltrow though.  i think she
is a pretty awful actress.  it surprises me how many
british people i know think she does well using a faux
british accent...i think she sounds awful!  ah well.
who cares.  she gets to shag chris martin, which is
more than i get to do.

i have a couple of new sinister friends...jinnifer
(who needs to post more) and rachel fruitloop
*blushes*

i sent an off list email to someone yesterday.  it got
me to thinking about us lot and our personalitites.  i
was thinking that most of us are probably pretty
similar.  sort of shy, a little bit "quirky", more
likely to hide in a corner than barge into a room full
of strangers and command attention.  somehow, in the
confines of sinister, we are really social and
un-awkward.  i love sinister.

ah well.  i sp'ose i have said my piece for the day.
love to you all.  stay safe and happy.  :o)

ps...on a sad note...i heard that investigators in
california found a woman's body and that of a full
term fetus.  they think it may be that woman who
disappeared on christmas eve.  i hope not.  i hope she
is in montana being happy and just left because her
husband was a knobhead.  i really hope it isn't her
:o(

love ~stine

"i'm proud to have an udder like my father...no, my
mother!"  hee hee...one of my favourite lyrics of all
time