Sinister: it wasn't until later that i realised i should have mentioned scrabble

Feather Boa feather_boa at xxx.com
Wed Apr 16 15:00:25 BST 2003

dearest sinister,
the weather is so beautiful today that i went and had a picnic on my own in
derwent quiet place earlier, and thought of you.  i wish i'd been in london
for the sini-weekender, or that i was going to be around for mr watson's
lovely club, but no, i'm in york trying desperately to finish my degree.
which means that i don't get to enjoy the sunshine, 'cos i'm stuck in an
airless, windowless computer room.  but then on may 16th, it's all over and
i'm free for the rest of the summer at least.  huzzah.

on monday i went for an interview at a university.  this was a university in
the big city, without any ducks or a man-made lake or any rabbits.  and i
got lost on the way and turned up ten minutes late.  but i was wearing a
badge upside down on the inside of my suit just in case, so it wasn't so
bad.  it will be strange to be back in the big city, and far away from the
rest of the ysm (ms gina t is going to durham and the rest are staying in
york) *sigh*

but, d'you know what's really good? ken's "kieran devaney email reading
aid!" (http://redbulldozers.8bit.co.uk/readaid.html) i liked it so much i
bought the company.  actually that's not true at all, sorry.  i couldn't
afford to buy the company even if i had the inclination.  unless ken will
settle for a half chewed cola bottle which i've found at the bottom of my
handbag (actually on closer inspection i don't think it's half chewed, i
think it was just made that way).

oh, at my interview there was a general knowlege quiz, and one of the
questions was "which american artist wanted everyone to have fifteen minutes
of fame", i knew the answer of course, but it made me think of you again,
and cliff richard and the dalai lama.
pip pip,
FB

massive.  innit